Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best All Round Multimeter?!!

Options
  • 10-12-2009 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Someone recomand a basic all round multimeter to buy. Have about 120euro can get a little bit more if need be!!
    Would the ones out of the likes of argos be as accurate? Or would i maybe want to invest that little bit more in the likes of fluke or another good make?...
    Thanks in advance
    Ross.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭blog_blog_blog

buy a fluke T5-600 ,Great meter and Bang on budget.

Every function you will need on a site and easy to hold and use in work situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Bull76

Hi,

Fluke are a good make and very popular. Here is a website based in the UK. I've ordered some stuff just recently and it arrived within a week. Got a price for the same goods here and they were nearly three times as dear.
    website http://isswww.co.uk/products-M/ I have nothing to do with them. They have a very large selection of equipment.
    Also, have a look in Maplin. I got a U-Nit one and has everything you need in a multimeter. Just need to get some very good leads and you'll be grand. I also have a Fluke model as well, just needed something handy to have lying around. Have used it for fault finding on control circuitry. Vast amount of gear out there, personal preference decides all. Ask as many people and read up on the products in question.

good luck in your selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭10-10-20

My father bought me a Beha UNITEST Hexagon 120.
    http://www.beha.de/ut_test_multimeter_e.html

Never heard of them prior to that, but I find it nice to use.

What's more, they are made in Cork! (Double bounus!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

Can't go wrong with a Fluke, in fairness.

Never knew Beha were made locally though!

Advertisement