Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which pub would ye recommend lads?

Options
  • 10-12-2009 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

for about 20 people on a work night out, hitting town around half 8 on Firday?
    We are sitting down in the hamptons at 7, paying evenry penny ourselves of course, will be out for half eight so just before the Match crowd hit town. So where would ye suggest is a good place to bring a gang of that size for the night? age range 23-63 .Somewhere large enough obviously, with a good buzz and not a 20 minute walk from henry street!!
    Claws will be chocablock with the match so i was thinking maybe..Aubars??
    Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

ooh the Hamptons - first time in there last weekend - expensive but oh so worth every last cent (and it was my last cent).... enjoy

Strolled round the corner up to Flannery's - nice pub - oldman's pub, but you won't be blasted out of it with noise. Might be worth a phone call to them to reserve the snug in the back for your gang.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Ah lovely. A pub reccomendation thread.........

Scurries off the grab hard hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Ah lovely. A pub reccomendation thread.........

Scurries off the grab hard hat.

Come again :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Liam79 wrote: »
    Come again :confused:

These threads have the tendency to go down hill very very fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

Let the battle of the pubs commence!!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Firefox10 wrote: »
    Let the battle of the pubes commence!!!:)

Oddball.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

well, Aubars, The Bailey, Squire Maguires bit of an old man's pub but will have plenty of space for the group, if you want a little walk, flannery's on Denmark st, either one.

foinse wrote: »
    well, Aubars, The Bailey, Squire Maguires bit of an old man's pub but will have plenty of space for the group, if you want a little walk, flannery's on Denmark st, either one.

Would u believe I have never been in Squires! Cant see that happening anyways! And as for the Bailey, its not as big as it looks Foinse. In fact its pretty tiny. The 2 upper floors are closets!
    But i do appreciate the suggestions. Fla's will be jammed with the Rugby i would think and at least half of our gang hate rugby (heathens)

Would u believe I have never been in Squires! Cant see that happening anyways! And as for the Bailey, its not as big as it looks Foinse. In fact its pretty tiny. The 2 upper floors are closets!
    But i do appreciate the suggestions. Fla's will be jammed with the Rugby i would think and at least half of our gang hate rugby (heathens)

No bother, what about bentley's or the bank?

foinse wrote: »
    No bother, what about bentley's or the bank?

I love Bentleys in the summer (as a smoker!) but bit cold out the back this time of year, and inside is very tight for 20 people.

The Bank is a good option if the lazy f***ers will walk!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 1892

How about The Glen Tavern? Plenty room & live music

1892 wrote: »
    How about The Glen Tavern? Plenty room & live music

Now thats an idea!!

Love that place :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Bitter End. :D Definately a buzz in there. ;)

Puts on my flame proof suit:

flame_suit.jpg

bazz26 wrote: »
    The Bitter End. :D Definately a buzz in there. ;)

Puts on my flame proof suit:

flame_suit.jpg

bazz you forgot your gloves

whats the story with The Bitter End, is it for boys who like boys, or is that just Riddlers?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

whats the story with The Bitter End, is it for boys who like boys, or is that just Riddlers?

Nope, thats Riddlers

Bitter End is for..

chav.JPG

jackncoke wrote: »
    Nope, thats Riddlers

Bitter End is for..

chav.JPG

Jaysus I gotta get them in there so ;) Here Mrs O'Brien, get that into you.....what do u mean horse tranquiliser....its just to prevent hangover in the morning......

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Nancy's.
    Plenty of room in the outback although it will get packed later on.
    We had some great christmas parties there :D they even did finger food for us leaving us a ton of money for drink ;)

Berkut wrote: »
    Nancy's.
    Plenty of room in the outback although it will get packed later on.
    We had some great christmas parties there :D they even did finger food for us leaving us a ton of money for drink ;)

You wouldnt fit 20 people into the outback comfortably on a monday not to mind a christmas/munsterplaying/friday night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

jackncoke wrote: »
    Nope, thats Riddlers

Bitter End is for..

chav.JPG

No way is it that bad, I sometimes go in there early for a few cheep bottles of beer, leave about 10 and head to the local. I have never seen chavs like that in there (while I was in there anyway) not sure what it will be like for the match but I will pop in for a few.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Just a little plug for Riddlers tomorrow night as there is a comedy evening upstairs in aid of Limerick Animal Welfare so all support would be welcome for such a good cause.

May I add I am not affiliated to Riddlers in anyway.

Millie wrote: »
    Just a little plug for Riddlers tomorrow night as there is a comedy evening upstairs in aid of Limerick Animal Welfare so all support would be welcome for such a good cause.

May I add I am not affiliated to Riddlers in anyway.

If the Animal Welfare are fund raising why on earth would they choose a Gay Bar to do it in? Surely they must know an awful lot of people would not feel comfortable in a gay bar thus seriously descreasing their potential funds.......:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

If the Animal Welfare are fund raising why on earth would they choose a Gay Bar to do it in? Surely they must know an awful lot of people would not feel comfortable in a gay bar thus seriously descreasing their potential funds.......:confused:
    Discriminate much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

anyways back OT, smyths is nice pub to go to on the weekend, the new flannerys by icon is generally packed and pints are muck outta there. was at a work do before with about the same size group and theres loads of space at the back for it.

in general, most places are gonna be rugby oriented this weekend so tough shit if they dont like it!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Didn't think it would have been too much of an issue.
    Besides the venue is perfect as the room upstairs can cater for the event without disturbing anyone's Friday pints if they're a regurlar in Riddlers.

Aidric wrote: »
    Discriminate much?

what i said is not discrimination....easy word to throw around!! :mad:
    Its a fact, many many people, simply would not feel 100% comfortable in a "gay bar" and thus would decide against going....it may not be a nice fact, but it IS a fact
    and if you cant see that then thats you problem

what i said is not discrimination....easy word to throw around!! :mad:
    Its a fact, many many people, simply would not feel 100% comfortable in a "gay bar" and thus would decide against going....it may not be a nice fact, but it IS a fact

Dead right. I wouldn't feel comfortable in a gay bar because I think every man in place would want to do me. It would be like Angelina Jolie walking into a prison canteen or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Dead right. I wouldn't feel comfortable in a gay bar because I think every man in place would want to do me. It would be like Angelina Jolie walking into a prison canteen or something.

Well they do say the gay men can usually tell who is also gay.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

The only people who would feel uncomfortable in a "gay friendly" bar are homophobic & backward. :confused:

Words fail me! By your user name im assuming your a young man of 30. If you are 30 and uncomfortable in a gay bar then you either are very uncomfortable with your own sexuality or else you have a lot of growing up to do IMO

I doubt your that hot buddy! Im sure you'd be safe ;)

Even if they all did want to do you? where is the big deal? if any one comes on to you be polite and say sorry "ive got a gf" or whatever.

Take it as a complement and get over yourselves!

• Advertisement

john_cappa wrote: »

I doubt your that hot buddy! Im sure you'd be safe ;)

Even if they all did want to do you? where is the big deal? if any one comes on to you be polite and say sorry "ive got a gf" or whatever.

Take it as a complement and get over yourselves!

Trust me I am :D

Only messing. I've frequented plenty of gay bars in my time, they are usually good craic as alot of gays are big into the party scene.

Advertisement