Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which pub would ye recommend lads?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Liam79 wrote: »
    what i said is not discrimination....easy word to throw around!! :mad:
    Its a fact, many many people, simply would not feel 100% comfortable in a "gay bar" and thus would decide against going....it may not be a nice fact, but it IS a fact
    and if you cant see that then thats you problem

You wouldn't hold a kkk meeting in a chicken hut..

That's not discrimination, just a fact.

Liam is correct IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    You wouldn't hold a kkk meeting in a chicken hut..

That's not discrimination, just a fact.

Liam is correct IMO.

To be honest, I wouldn't hold anything in the Chicken Hut. Too likely to turn into a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Nah, you definately couldn't have a KFC meeting in the Chicken Hut.

Wait, what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

john_cappa wrote: »
    The only people who would feel uncomfortable in a "gay friendly" bar are homophobic & backward. :confused:

Words fail me! By your user name im assuming your a young man of 30. If you are 30 and uncomfortable in a gay bar then you either are very uncomfortable with your own sexuality or else you have a lot of growing up to do IMO

I doubt your that hot buddy! Im sure you'd be safe ;)

Even if they all did want to do you? where is the big deal? if any one comes on to you be polite and say sorry "ive got a gf" or whatever.

Take it as a complement and get over yourselves!

What utter rubbish.

Tell me this, if you took 10 random everyday straight lads of 30, and asked them would they feel comfortable in a Gay Bar, do you think the majority would say yes or no...if they were being completley honest? i am not saying threatened, i am not saying afraid, just a little uncomfortable.
    Now, say 8 said no they wouldnt feel comfortable....are those 8 automatically raging homohphobes in your eyes?

Do you think i would be in the majority or the minority in my stance as an average 30 year old Limerick male?

Am I homophobic?

I dont shop in womens shoe shops.....am I anti women too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

That's a terrible analogy - womens shoe stores don't sell mens shoes, while gay bars sell alcohol to males and females.

• Advertisement

No, but it would mean you were gay if you did shop there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Not necessarily - he could just be a cross-dresser - nothing gay about that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    No, but it would mean you were gay if you did shop there

ah but what if he was buying shoes for a lady friend?

foinse wrote: »
    ah but what if he was buying shoes for a lady friend?

That is sooooooooooooooooo gay

Super :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

yeah gay or whipped.

you guys sound very homophobic tbh! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Liam79, its patently clear from your posts that you are homophobic. There should be no reason for you to feel uncomfortable in a gay bar. What do you expect would happen you as a matter of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

What utter rubbish.

Tell me this, if you took 10 random everyday straight lads of 30, and asked them would they feel comfortable in a Gay Bar, do you think the majority would say yes or no...if they were being completley honest? i am not saying threatened, i am not saying afraid, just a little uncomfortable.
    Now, say 8 said no they wouldnt feel comfortable....are those 8 automatically raging homohphobes in your eyes?

Those 8 individuals are either very uncomfortable with their own sexuality (and sexuality in general) or are extremely immature IMO

Do you think i would be in the majority or the minority in my stance as an average 30 year old Limerick male?

I imagine you would be in the minority tbh.

Younger people are much more tolerant of differing sexuality these day.

Am I homophobic?

clearly yes

If you dont shop in womens shoe shops then you are clearly single ....so maybe you are anti women! :D

jasus - we went from discussing a pub to homophobia - might be an idead to start another thread for that :D

SO - did you decide where you're going then?

Ya............Riddlers :):D

john_cappa wrote: »
    Those 8 individuals are either very uncomfortable with their own sexuality (and sexuality in general) or are extremely immature IMO

I imagine you would be in the minority tbh.

Younger people are much more tolerant of differing sexuality these day.

clearly yes

If you dont shop in womens shoe shops then you are clearly single ....so maybe you are anti women! :D

Married mate...to a woman!
    And i most certainly am not homophobic, but i still wouldnt feel comfortable in a gay bar.
    Sorry, but i wouldnt. But hey, if you feel you can judge me, go right ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Jeez I really seem to have set the cat upon the pigeons.

So I want everyone to come to Riddlers tonight to prove they are extremely comfortable in their sexuality & raise funds for a very good cause :D

Millie wrote: »
    Jeez I really seem to have set the cat upon the pigeons.

So I want everyone to come to Riddlers tonight to prove they are extremely comfortable in their sexuality & raise funds for a very good cause :D

Count me out Millie!
    I am a raging Homophobe who wouldnt touch a Queen album with jimmy sommervilles head...!! :/

Advertisement