Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Form in Facebook app redirecting to external site when submitted

Options
  • 10-12-2009 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Need help with this tricky problem. I have a facebook app, which is essentially an FBML app hosted on my server, but embedded on a fan page within a tab. Opening that tab shows a form where users enter their information and press submit.

I don't use any Facebook calls, any Facebook libraries or user data. All this has been written from scratch by me as an app, embedded in the page as an FBML application.

When the form is submitted an action is called in PHP, a class processes the data and stores it in a database and then a redirect is called - along the lines of header(Location: http://xxx/thankyou.php);

What that is supposed to do is show a thank you message to users when they have submitted the form within the same tab window. What it is doing is it's redirecting out to my server and away from the Facebook page.

I'm stumped and I need to get this fixed quickly. I have been reading and searching and still no answer.

Any help would be well appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement