Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HP Photosmart C4580 All-in-One A4 Printer

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

PC World have an in-store price of €89.99 for the better HP C4780 at the moment.

Linky (Go to page 4)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Anyone know if you can scan wirelessly as well as print wirelessly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Yes you can scan wirelessly. I got one of these for my Dad and found it great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

kc66 wrote: »
    Yes you can scan wirelessly. I got one of these for my Dad and found it great.

Thanks!

Might just go for the C4480 for €59 from Littlewoods.

Much point in going for the higher models?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

The 4480 isn't wireless, which is definitely the way to go IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

wireless is great though be warned, its a bit fiddly and if you are not au fait with computers, you might end up throwing it against something.
    Otherwise, great to have wireless printing. Got it in argos on offer 2 months ago for 80 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭PMC999

celticfc wrote: »
    PC World have an in-store price of €89.99 for the better HP C4780 at the moment.

Linky (Go to page 4)

When I went to the Tallaght store to collect it they only had the C4780 in stock so they gave it to me for the same price 70. Happy days!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

celticfc wrote: »

Linky (Go to page 4)

Also have the 4580 (the printer this thread is about) for €69.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

going to sound really thick but here goes -

do you need to have anything in particular on your PC (hardwear or software) for this to work or will they work with any PC or laptop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

If you mean the wireless printer then you don't need any extra hardware on your PC. You do need to have a wireless enabled network though (Well, you can use the printer through a USB cable, but then what would the point be in wireless).

Any software that you need comes with the printer (it's just printer drivers really, and I'm not even sure if you need them with Win 7).

So, printer wireless to your router. PC wired or wireless to the router. Can connect printer to multiple PC's / laptops.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IRCA

PMC999 wrote: »
    I just ordered this printer from powercity.ie

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=20-50-Q8401B for €70.45.

The same printer is £82 from amazon or, wait for this,.... €229.99 in argos!

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=30001&catalogId=1500001801&langId=-1&searchTerms=HP+Photosmart+C4580+&Submit=GO+%3E

This is just an observation as I too have been pondering purchasing thw Wireless version, but it *might* be cheaper in the long run to go with the Epson Stylus Wireless All-in-one. It's more expensive initially (apologies I don't have the price to hand), BUT the printer ink cartidges are a lot cheaper than the HP ones.

Personally I think if you plan to do a lot of printing, especially full colour/photos an Epson might be more economical in the long run - just an observation :)

PC World's printer is a f4580 not C4580 as in powercity.

I don't know much about printers but the F model is a deskjet and the C model is a photosmart.

Printer will be used for basic usage - NO photos unless I just want a quick draft.

Which is a better option for basic everyday usage?
    Would the deskjet be easier on ink? (heavy ink usage & expensive ink cartridges ar the main reason I'm getting rid of a Dell all-in-one so don't want to end up in the same boat)
    Anyone know of a site that will let me compare specs?

Sorry if this is dragging away from the Bargain alert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 drealmrt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

well like I said, mine works fine except wireless took some setting up and also had to reset up for no reason, grand for me but not for a non techy

• Registered Users Posts: 27 swift89

i got the HP C4580 in pc world in airside swords for €69

Swift - can you tell me the difference between the C & the F printers (photosmart v's deskjet)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 27 swift89

the c model is a printer scanner and copier and photo printer
    the f model is an inkjet printer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭gerryo

Little A wrote: »
    PC World's printer is a f4580 not C4580 as in powercity.

I saw AlmightyCushion's & switf89's posts about the C4580.

Went down to PCWorld looking for the C4580, only saw the F4580.
    This is a newer model (sept' 09), has 1/2 the memory of the older C4580, does not have pictbridge, does have wireless. Does have a scanner, but can't do faxing (think the C4580 needed a PC for this anyway).

Can do copying.

Too new to get any real user reviews, but seems to have smaller cartridges than the C4580 & ink costs more. TBH, would rather a C4580, as €70 is a real bargain price for that printer.

Might wait for the F4580 price to drop a bit, would pay €50 for it right now, but not sure if it's any good yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

PMC999 wrote: »
    When I went to the Tallaght store to collect it they only had the C4780 in stock so they gave it to me for the same price 70. Happy days!

Hay, can you scan wirelessly, aswell as printing ?

Cheers,
    CC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭PMC999

CombatCow wrote: »

Cheers,
    CC

Hi CC,
    I haven't tried to scan wirelessly yet but it does state that it can scan to a PC or directly to a memory card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Cool thanks, thats handy enough so :)

CC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

CombatCow wrote: »

Cheers,
    CC

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63432587&postcount=5

Advertisement