Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Epson printer - no cable

• 10-12-2009 1:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

New to this forum - mods, if this is the wrong forum please move this.

I bought a new printer in Harvey Norman at the weekend and when I got home there was no cable in the box :(

It is an Epson printer - I have tried calling the shop but there is no answer and I wont get a chance to go back until the weekend.

Is it normal to buy a printer and not get a cable?

Thanks in advance,

Little Miss Cutie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Hi all,

New to this forum - mods, if this is the wrong forum please move this.

I bought a new printer in Harvey Norman at the weekend and when I got home there was no cable in the box :(

It is an Epson printer - I have tried calling the shop but there is no answer and I wont get a chance to go back until the weekend.

Is it normal to buy a printer and not get a cable?

Thanks in advance,

Little Miss Cutie
    It depends on the model of printer to be honest.
    HP printers generally ship with a USB cable but I have gotten printers that don't ship with them as well.

Most retailers make their money on selling you these cables with the printer.
    Does it say on the documentation what is included with the printeR?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Yea afraid it seems to be the norm these days , from the last couple of printers i have purchased which have mainly been HP. It's quiet annoying but it's how they make a handy extra few bob. Buy the cable on Ebay which will save you a few pound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

Yup,

It is very rare indeed for a printer to ship with a USB cable these days. If you are stuck for one im sure i can find one lying about in the office unsed. If you need one, drop me a pm and ill stick it in the post for you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

They generally assume that you will already have a usb cable at home somewhere by this stage. If you were replacing a printer you'd just reuse that cable. Harvey Normans will just tell you to buy a cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Thanks to everyone for all the quick replies and particulary to Komplett-tech (Ryan) for the generous offer.

I am not replacing a printer so don't have a spare cable :(

Manual with printer mentions attaching cable but does have a list of what should be in the box.

The guy managed to spend 40mins explaining all about it to me and talked me into buying photo paper but didn't mention the cable gggggrrrrrrrr...............

At least I learnt a lesson - always ask about cables.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The funny thing is most wireless printers will come with the usb cable as it's needed to do the setup for the wireless.

Advertisement