Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jag cons plans for 2010

• 10-12-2009 1:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

Well i think it is about time i post my plans for 2010
    I am planning on doing the W200 so here is my plan.

2 days a week 30-45 mins on the turbo trainer at 60-75% max heart rate.

1 day a week doing some core strenght work as my core strenght is crap.

Saturday 1-2 hours on the bike
    Sunday 3-4 hours club ride in the morning

Current weight 16st 10lbs i want to get the weight down to 14st
    So i know i need to focus alot on my diet.

In the new year i will start getting out during the evenings when the light improves and put the turbo trainer away I also plan to do some hill work from Feb onwards and do a few sportives as training for the W200.

I want to build up my trip distance to 75% of the Wicklow distance on my Saturday and Sunday cycles from March.

So any advice or changes i should make to my plan.

Con

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭jag con

Week 1 30/11/09--6/12/09

Monday 30 mins on turbo trainer keeping cadence between 80-95

Wednesday 30 mins on turbo keeping cadence between 80-95

Sunday 1 1/2 hours out on the road with club

Week 2 7/12/09-13/12/09

Monday 30 mins on turbo trainer cadence 80/95

Thursday 30 mins on turbo trainer cadence 80-95

Sunday 1 hour cycle 27k at a steady pace

Week 14/12/09-20/12/09

Monday 40 mins on turbo trainer

Wednesday 40 mins on turbo trainer

Thursday 40 mins on turbo trainer

Saturday 4 hour hill walk up the Wicklow mountains

Im happy with this weeks work now next week could be different

Con :D:D

WEEK 4 21/12/09-27/12/09

Monday 21 December turbo trainer 40mins

Saturday 26 December walk 1/1/2 hours

Sunday 27 December WALK 1 1/2 hours

Not a great week as the roads in Wicklow are lethal

Oh and it is Cjristmas week

WEEK 5 28/12/09-3/01/10

Monday 28th December 1 1/2 hours walk

Thursday 31st December 1 hour hill walk at night great fun

Friday 1st January 1 1/2 hour hill walk.

Loads of snow around here so the bike is off the road so back onto the trainer from next week

Con

• Advertisement

WEEK 6 4-01-10 - 10-01-10

Tuesday 5th 1 hour hill walk

thursday 7th 1 hour hill walk

Saturday 9th 1 hour hill walk

Sunday 10th i hour hill walk

I will start using the turbo trainer from next week again but i love the hills in this weather and am still using the legs

WEEK 7 11/01/10 - 17/01

Tuesday 12/01/10 40 mins on turbo trainer 60-70% heart rate

Thursday 14/01/10 40 mins on turbo trainer 60-70% heart rate

Saturday 16/01/10 50 mins on short spin out on the road [at last]

Sunday 17/01/10 5 hours on the hills a good hill walk up Mullacleevan the second highest in Wicklow

WEEK 18/01/10 - 24/01/10

Monday 18th Jan 45 mins on the road

Tuesday 19th Jan 40 mins on turbo

Thursday 21st Jan 40 mins on turbo

Saturady 23th Jan 1 hour walk

Sunday 24th Jan 4 hour hill walk

I will weight mself at the end of the month and see if its all good

Con:D

WEEK 25/01/10-31/01/10 TRAINING PLAN

Thursday 28th Jan 1 hour easy zone 4 150-160bpm

Friday 29th Jan 40 mins zone 4 150-160 and 1 zone 4 160-170bpm interval for 10mins

Saturday 30th Jan 2 1/2 hours on the bike 2 hours endurance zone 3 130-150 bpms
    1/2 an hour interval of 2 x 12.5mins at 160-170 bpm with 7 mins rest between

Sunday 31st Jan club spin 2 1/2 hours 2 hours in zone 3 and 30 mins in zone 4

and finally i weighted myself this morning and i have lost 6 lbs :)
    Im happy enough with the weight loss but i def need to improve with my diet so i hope there will be a improvement next month one thing i know is that i certainly feel alot fitter and better this month.

Con :D

WEEK 1/2/10 - 7/2/10 TRAINING PLAN

Have to say a bad week for me could not get much done as i was busy with work [ which is good in there times so not complaining]

Thursday 4th Feb 2 hours on the bike in zone 3 130-150bpm

Sunday 7th Feb 1 1/2 hour walk during a break in work

So i have a bit of catching up to do on last week

My weight remained the same 16st 4lb

Con

• Advertisement

Week starting on 8/02/10 - 14/02/10

Tuesday 9th Feb 1 hour on the road 150-160 bpm

Thursday 11th Feb 1 hour on the road good pace of 150-160 and 160 -170 bpm

Saturday 13th Feb 3 1/2 hour cycle i started in Blessington went up the Sally gap, down the Military road to Laragh and up the Wicklow gap and down home a great spin only one problem i fell just at the top of the Sally gap so will be off the bike until Wednesday/Thursday

Con

WEEK FROM 15/02/10 - 21/02/10 TRAINING PLAN

Avery bad week for me only got our for 40mins as i was not well and my knee after my fall was a little tender all week

So all round a bad week and to top it off there is lots of snow about here in Wicklow so my planned Sally and Wicklow gap route this weekend looks like it not going to happen either

Con:(:(

TRAINING PLAN WEEK 22-02-10 - 28-02-10

Another bad week for me with the knee and bloody snow [im sick of it]

Sunday 28th Feb 1 1/2 hour spin

My weight for the month has stayed the same at 16st 4 lb

So i just have to re-focus and get some work done in March

I have started to do some walking/jogging this week in the mornings before work so i am going to cut down the cycling during the week to 1 session as i really need to get this weight down and do my usual weekend spins

Con

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ryder

With the weight consider your diet as being far more important than exercise type/volume. It may help to keep a food diary for a week to identify weak areas.
    If your goal is cycling related, than the specificity of cycling will give you far greater benefits per unit time and theres no reason why an hour of cycling should burn less calories than the same hour spent running. This may be especially important with your knee issues.
    Unfortunately ive learned all of the above from bitter experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

+1 on food diary. It forces you to think about what you eat/drink and why. One needs to accept that food has two basic roles: fuel and pleasure. They need to be balanced. Not too long and I weighed about the same as you.
    Now my focus is on a max daily calorie intake of 2200 cals. On days where I do a lot of training (say 4hours burning maybe 600 calories per hour) then I would eat to replace some of these but not all of these calories.
    I have found this a great help in terms of weight loss. The positive thing is that the more exercise I do the more calories I am allowed.
    For me 2200cals on non training days means I can more than fuel my body have some treats and still lose small amounts of weight consistently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

I was told by one of our club coaches/nutrionist (football) that weight loss or gain is 75% diet, 25% exercise. if your diet isn't right no amount of training is going to get you to your goal.

I don't run anymore because i can't due to my history of knee injuries. Whatever about my bike riding abilities my diet is pretty close and I'm well on my way to my goal of 80kg for the 200

cheers for that, yeah i was told the same myself so i started keeping a record of my daily food intake and at the end of the week i have a idea of what good or bad food i have had or what food i need more ofand try to improve the next week

Con

WEEK TRAINING PLAN 1/03/10 - 7/03/10

Monday 40 min jog/walk

Tuesday 40 min jog/walk

Wednesday 40 min jog/walk

Thursday 1 hour on the bike

Saturday 2 1/2 hour road spin 65 km

Sunday Club spin about 2 1/2 hour spin with a couple of hills aswell

a good weeks exercise so hopefully i can keep it going

I have kept a diary of what food i have taken and i know there are 1 or 2 areas i can improve on

Con

Hi all what a month i have been mad busy with work etc so my training took a bit of a dip

Last week i managed a 5 hour cycle from Blessington up the Sally gap down to Enniskerry up to Roundwood and back up the Sally gap and back to Blessington.
    Just shy of 90k and 1350m of climbing.
    The body was not too bad on Sunday so did a gentle spin of 30k to spin the legs.

Now with all this bloody snow today the Wicklow and Sally gap are closed again ahhhhhhh:mad::mad:

Done a very similar route myself on Saturday.

Went Blessington, Hollywood, Wicklow Gap, Laragh then did a pit stop to some family in Anamoe. Back on the bike after stealing some food from them and back to Blessington via Glenmacnass and teh Sally Gap.

Got to be honest, that road up Glenmacnass is tough going at the minute and I don't mean the gradient or anything. Parts of it are dirt track at best. Shocking condition.

• Advertisement

Yeah ive only gone down that road but its a mess alright, sorry i meant to ring you on Friday last to let you know about the spin. Weather not looking great for the weekend either.

Con

No worries. Sure the other lads are in spain lapping up the mid 20's over there.

Its not looking too good for saturday. Think I'll be on the main roads for a nice long flat one. looking for mid 90-100km. Will have to get the mapmyride out and do some routes.

Graham

Managed to get out on Sunday for a club spin did 105km so not too bad

I need to get out now and get back to form and do some cycles in the evenings

Con

Hi all well April was not a quite month did the Kare tour de foothills 100k spin in 4:15 min

and a couple of 1-2 hour spins aswell

did a club time trial 26km in 52mins av of 29.6km happy with that

Advertisement