Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robbery caught on Camera. Suggestions to make it clearer

Options
  • 10-12-2009 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi,

I had my car broken into last night in an underground car park. The theif never saw the cameras and there image quality is ok. I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on what software could be used to enhanced either digitally enchance a single image of his face or enhance the video as a whole. I have a copy of the video and will be looking at it myself.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Crapbag wrote: »
    Hi,

I had my car broken into last night in an underground car park. The theif never saw the cameras and there image quality is ok. I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on what software could be used to enhanced either digitally enchance a single image of his face or enhance the video as a whole. I have a copy of the video and will be looking at it myself.
    You need these guys ;)

raw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

That is too funny...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Quoting the same images again wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Crapbag

Classic! And if only it were true! So no one has any suggestions...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Is the video on tape? Would you be able to post any stills?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Crapbag wrote: »
    Hi,

Have a look at Photoflair, uses the same retinex image enhancement technology that NASA uses...

http://www.truview.com/products.htm

Trial versions available for download, not sure though how limited in any way the trial versions may be.

blubloblu wrote: »
    Is the video on tape? Would you be able to post any stills?

I would rather not post stills but I could PM them if you wish. Its from a video.
    Nehaxak wrote: »
    Have a look at Photoflair, uses the same retinex image enhancement technology that NASA uses...

http://www.truview.com/products.htm

Trial versions available for download, not sure though how limited in any way the trial versions may be.

Ill give this a go and report back, cheers

I tried that software out. It does have a limitation in the trial. Once it performs any enhancement function, it plasters demo over the image. Also it doesnt seem do much in relation to picture quality. It adjusts the colour volumes but doesnt seem to sharpen the image too well. Its probably a limitation of the original camera image. Any other ideas? I could send pm's of the image to someone if they wish to have a go but I dont want to post the picture. Good practice for all you CSI buffs :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

cpu-dude wrote: »
    You need these guys ;)

legend!

Advertisement