Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

repeating the lc

Options
  • 10-12-2009 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I sat the leaving cert in 2007, i am thinking about repeating and sitting it in 2011.

My question is, if i do not want to use them for points, can i not sit maths, french and irish?? I only need them for entry requirements.

Could i choose, ag science, home ec, biology, english, business and art as my 6?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭aoifeX

yup u can thats what im planning on doing! unless u plan on doing medicine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

aoifeX wrote: »
    yup u can thats what im planning on doing! unless u plan on doing medicine

Are you sure? so i dont have to do any core subjects at all?

I want to do health and performance science in UCD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭aoifeX

if you have them all done already and you have gotten the required grades in them then your grand! the only thing you cant do which you obviously already know is carry on points.. best of luck! :D

aoifeX wrote: »
    if you have them all done already and you have gotten the required grades in them then your grand! the only thing you cant do which you obviously already know is carry on points.. best of luck! :D

Cool thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 notsosure!

you should check with a career teacher can you carry on three sublects.i know you can carry on any subject aslong as you dont want them for points but i think there is a limit on the number and i think its 2...not 100% sure though.and also things change for repeating 2 years after you originally sat the exam...you should ask somebody who knows what there talking about to be sure.

• Advertisement

notsosure! wrote: »
    you should check with a career teacher can you carry on three sublects.i know you can carry on any subject aslong as you dont want them for points but i think there is a limit on the number and i think its 2...not 100% sure though.and also things change for repeating 2 years after you originally sat the exam...you should ask somebody who knows what there talking about to be sure.

well, because im not in school or college anymore, i havent got a resource teacher or anything to check with.

What sort of things do you think change depending on whether its one or two years after you originally sat it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 notsosure!

Chris89 wrote: »
    well, because I'm not in school or college anymore, i haven't got a resource teacher or anything to check with.

What sort of things do you think change depending on whether its one or two years after you originally sat it?

well I'm repeating this year after doing it in June 2009 so I'm not exactly sure what happens after a certain amount of time has lapsed...but i think i heard something mainly about the number of subjects you can carry on and if any can be carried if its after a certain no of years.i really don't know tbh but id look into it further now because i think there's something more there!!!
    i don't know where you would get independent career advice...unless you visit 1 of the careers advisers but i think they mainly focus on career paths etc.!!maybe you could go to where your thinking of repeating it!!
    sorry this isn't much good to you but i do think you should look into carrying on subjects more closely!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

notsosure! wrote: »

No, as long as you've achieved the entry requirements already, it doesn't matter how many years back you go, or even how many subjects you've decided to drop.

OP, you could go to a guidance counselor in your old school or maybe a local school? I'm sure they'd be more than happy to help you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Mike v

Hi! im repeating this year and i only wanted to repeat 2 subjects but i was told by my princapal that i had to repeat one or all of erm but depends you can do what subjects you want your self at home and just sit the leaving cert somewere or go back and do 6th year again they were my choices anyway hopes this helpes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

points will only be taken from one given leaving cert year so if you are repeating, you have to do 6 subjects.
    The core subjects will already have been covered in your first sitting so if you dont want to do them again, you can leave em out. Thats what most leaving repeats do. Many of em drop Irish and English in particular cos english will be an entirely different set of poems plays and novels and irish then is just way too long to even bother with. But Maths is usually one that people do again.
    The other 5 would then be of your choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

post deleted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 poppygirlx

In my opinion I wouldn't repeat.
    But everyones different!

Advertisement