Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Civil Service to return to June 08 pay rates (18 months ago)

• 10-12-2009 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

The country is on the brink of civil (servents) unrest because thoes in the civil service are being told that their pay is going to be brought back to July 2008 pay rates.

The civil service had a pay increase of 2.5% in November 08 and 2.5% in July 08. Therefore the pay rates are only being brought back by 18 months. Coupled with this we have had deflation of 5.7% in the last 12 months.(http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/1210/breaking32.htm)

Even at the higher rates in the Civil Servent the reductions will not bring the pay rates to back to pre March 2007 rates. (there was a 2% increase in September 07 and 3% in March 07).

BTW I am in the private secor and had a pay rate cut in May which brought my pay back to mid 2006 levels.

Bring on the strikes - they'll save the country even more money!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

The country is on the brink of civil (servents) unrest because thoes in the civil service are being told that their pay is going to be brought back to July 2008 pay rates.

The civil service had a pay increase of 2.5% in November 08 and 2.5% in July 08. Therefore the pay rates are only being brought back by 18 months. Coupled with this we have had deflation of 5.7% in the last 12 months.(http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/1210/breaking32.htm)

Even at the higher rates in the Civil Servent the reductions will not bring the pay rates to back to pre March 2007 rates. (there was a 2% increase in September 07 and 3% in March 07).

BTW I am in the private secor and had a pay rate cut in May which brought my pay back to mid 2006 levels.

Bring on the strikes - they'll save the country even more money!
    Dead right, CSO says average cost of living is now at December 2006 rates or lower, and falling. These ungrateful so and so's are still better off than they were on average in summer 06! Let 'em strike. I have a feeling that for the first time in years FF have read the ordinary PAYE worker (the backbone of the economy) correctly and know they have public support here to crush strikes if needs be. I think Cowen should step aside and let Lenihan run the show until FF are voted out tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

Pay increases will probably come back in in 4-5 years imo

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Gaeldor68

What about the Pension levy that was brought in it your calculation. Are you taking that into account? Wasn't that another 6.5% or something, maybe bringing it back another 24 months or something so july 06? could be wrong though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Im pretty sure there was no 2.5% increase last November.

Edit.. Just checked and there was a 2.5% increaese in Sept 08. From looking back on my pay slips I will be back to the same net salary I was on in Feb 06 when the 5% reduction kicks in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

2008? is that ****ing all?

the revenue has fallen back to 2003 levels

bdttdt.png

seems like we just switched to a slower lane on a motorway which ends on a cliff :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

There was no increase in most public sectors last november i believe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭westtip

ssaye wrote: »
    Pay increases will probably come back in in 4-5 years imo

Ha you are having a laugh. We need true reform first and that probably means getting rid of half the penpushers and email senders and a radical overhaul of the local government sector - like merger of councils into regional super councils to cut out duplicity before the PS will get any rises akin to the old levels of p*ss taking.

Do you really think the public finances will be rosy enough in 4/5 years time for the rest of us to sit back and watch the PS workers crawl their way back to the soft touch they have had in the past five years, one thing this situation has done is focus the minds of those us outside the PS as to what a scam the whole thing had become

Advertisement