Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fed up of stereotyping!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Rota are a good wheel lads, I know they " copied " the slipstreams, but they do some very nice originals.

5.4 is hardly a "fast" 0 - 60, its respectable enough. With a set of good quality drag tyres, a good launch and decent shifts, no NOS or Turbo needed. Results below, 1.8 integra doing a measured 0 - 60 in 5.05secs :).

Check out some results here http://theresults.co.uk/theresults/Results/2009/Motorsport/sleekfx0to60overall.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Flyer1 wrote: »
    Rota are a good wheel lads, I know they " copied " the slipstreams, but they do some very nice originals.

5.4 is hardly a "fast" 0 - 60, its respectable enough. With a set of good quality drag tyres, a good launch and decent shifts, no NOS or Turbo needed. Results below, 1.8 integra doing a measured 0 - 60 in 5.05secs :).

Check out some results here http://theresults.co.uk/theresults/Results/2009/Motorsport/sleekfx0to60overall.pdf
    Huh?! Its a bloody quick time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Flyer1 wrote:

5.4 is hardly a "fast" 0 - 60, its respectable enough. With a set of good quality drag tyres, a good launch and decent shifts, no NOS or Turbo needed. Results below, 1.8 integra doing a measured 0 - 60 in 5.05secs .

Check out some results here http://theresults.co.uk/theresults/R...o60overall.pdf

An ITR isn't an SIR though is it :D? I doubt the teg is stock either? Is it yours?

Impressive reading none the less!

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    An ITR isn't an SIR though is it :D? I doubt the teg is stock either? Is it yours?

Impressive reading none the less!
    An ITR wouldn't hit 60 in 5.4 seconds, not stock anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

YbFocus wrote: »
    Yes theres a few of them alright, quite a few, I doubt it'll ever change though, the minute they get a licence, the first glanza they meet and there gone roaring! But it's not all them either, there are a few good lads aswell :)

dundalk is the home of poor cars though... their or athlone.

as for the ITR debate....

The day i see someone who can actually tune an already highly strung car properly is the day hell freezes over :rolleyes:

Pdfile wrote: »
    as for the ITR debate....

The day i see someone who can actually tune an already highly strung car properly is the day hell freezes over :rolleyes:
    There's a few fella's on MNC with Tegs pushing out over 200, there was one lad and is was close to 300, but it was Turbo'd and a few other big expensive mods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

You can turbo a VTEC but you cant VTEC a turbo :rolleyes: ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    There's a few fella's on MNC with Tegs pushing out over 200,
    200?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    200?
    As standard they're 197, then on our feul it drops, then over the ten or so years its been driven it drops a bit more.

The dude in AI said the highest you can push em and keeping it N/A is about 200. The guy in Urban said the same.

I doubt mine will ever see anywhere near 200!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

draffodx wrote: »
    You can turbo a VTEC but you cant VTEC a turbo :rolleyes: ;)

But you can VTEC a Daihatsu!!!

120223.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 little-coconut

im a 20 year old chick, and i drive a red golf with tinted windows, the alloys, the lexus lights and the usual ****... and the police always follow me slowly and pull me in... and i got my car taken off me last night and made to walk home in the middle of the night with no coat or anything jst becoz a cow of a ban garda saw me a mile away, followed me, didnt like what she saw.. and spotted that my tax was out by 2 months, so took me all the way down :( so unfair.. had i been in a car that wasnt blacked out she wouldnt have even looked twice..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

im a 20 year old chick, and i drive a red golf with tinted windows, the alloys, the lexus lights and the usual ****... and the police always follow me slowly and pull me in... and i got my car taken off me last night and made to walk home in the middle of the night with no coat or anything jst becoz a cow of a ban garda saw me a mile away, followed me, didnt like what she saw.. and spotted that my tax was out by 2 months, so took me all the way down :( so unfair.. had i been in a car that wasnt blacked out she wouldnt have even looked twice..
    Your fault you didn't pay the tax for two months?

Did you really expect the guard to say "yeah go on home, it's illegal to drive without tax but go on home?"

/high horse

In my OWN opinion, if a car has the usual lexus lights and tinted windows, most guards will stop you yeah, but it doesn't depend on their mood?

ive been stopped before, i was just saying that i doubt they would have taken the car had i been a granny in a nissan ! :(! 2 months tax like, they should have had a bit more grace, it was cruel in fairness

ive been stopped before, i was just saying that i doubt they would have taken the car had i been a granny in a nissan ! :(! 2 months tax like, they should have had a bit more grace, it was cruel in fairness
    Most guards would allow a weeks grace, 2 weeks most?

2 months though? Come on like?

I know everybody has their reasons, but something like that isn't too hard to fix?

haha, my boyfriend got caught without tax for 7 months, and the guard just said produce it back taxed and taxed in 10 days.. he was lucky, i wasnt.. thats all. yeah i know, i should have had it taxed, i am my own worst enemy :(

• Advertisement

haha, my boyfriend got caught without tax for 7 months, and the guard just said produce it back taxed and taxed in 10 days.. he was lucky, i wasnt.. thats all. yeah i know, i should have had it taxed, i am my own worst enemy :(
    Bu still, he payed 7 months back tax? So ultimately he payed for it :P

And....yup :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

After the buck getting done for seven months tax, you should have been more careful.

The cheek of that "cow" of a garda for doing her job :rolleyes:

boo-urns!! :)

yeah.. i suppose. damn she looked so happy when she saw me walkin home!

Pity there aren't penalty points for Lexus lights........

• Advertisement

Yeah in a perfect world it would have been taxed and all BUT Its a bit harsh making a girl walk all the way home by herself at night with the weather weve been having!!!

theyre not the yucky glassy ones, theyre black and red, theyre nice

thank you!! yes!! thats the bit that had my parents annoyed, it was harsh haha xx

theyre not the yucky glassy ones, theyre black and red, theyre nice
    Show us?

i cant upload pics on this, you would have you go to the trouble of adding me on bebo and id say thats too much trouble! :)

I'd say they're these yokes
    golf-tail-lights-97-blx-sl-.gif

I clicked Add too quick, then I noticed you have Wolfraces D=

:P

Not on bebo, me giddynurse.

Anyway, I'd say the lights were probably fine, because I'd be nearly certain she'd have made an issue of them if they weren't.

That said, some of those modded tail lights are pure sh1te, totally the wrong colour, with white brake lights and red indicators in some cases.

I clicked Add too quick, then I noticed you have Wolfraces D=
    :P

:D
    Somethin about those wheels i just dont like... some Wolfrace look well... those im not a fan! And cant see your back lights without adding ya so accept so we can judge!!

Way ahead of ya's :P

17167965a8596186718l.jpg
    17167965a10767633149l.jpg

• Advertisement

yeah i have seen some sick lookin lights on golfs i must say, it can ruin the whole get up! hehe yeah i am a cranky aul bag i just miss my baby! (car haha!!) for all that the sh1theap she is!

oh my god i am so embarrassed how did you get that pic of me up? i am blushing haha yeah thats a fake badge on her there, its gone now and i have tints now

ALright in fairness theyre not the worst, some of those lexus light jobs look sh1te, yours actually match well cause of the red car and all

Your windows dont look tinted though!!

Sorry, I assumed you wouldn't mind letting me show everyone else the car seeing as you linked your bebo?

Shall remove if you want?

oh my god i am so embarrassed how did you get that pic of me up? i am blushing haha yeah thats a fake badge on her there, its gone now and i have tints now

Ohhh you got tints after you done your best car model posing for bebo haha!!

Those lights are fine.

So did you get it back yet or whats the story? Have to get it taxed and then pay them for storing it overnight??

yeah, i have to pick it up tomorrow and pay them 135 for storing it.. and either get it towed to my gaf and park it up until its taxed or else get it taxed and then pick it up. load of money, stress and annoyance!!

Harsh hitting the wallet with that! Best bet would be jump online now and tax it for 3 months even? print out your confirmation page and show them when you get to the station then you can drive it out of there!!

• Advertisement

problem is.. you cant back tax it online if its over due i dont think, ill probably have to go into nutgrove or something!!

No, you can't pay arrears online afaik.

The-Game wrote: »
    Yeah in a perfect world it would have been taxed and all BUT Its a bit harsh making a girl walk all the way home by herself at night with the weather weve been having!!!
    I agree with this too. @Midnight, generally you have a month to get it taxed
    No, you can't pay arrears online afaik.

You can, I done it, it says on the letter you cant but when you log in it'll tell you how much you owe.

17167965a8596186718l.jpg

Is that you?! I'd of let ya off :D

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    I agree with this too. @Midnight, generally you have a month to get it taxed
    Oh righty ok, still, she was double the 'time of grace' :rolleyes:

Yeah your right I think its only 1 month after you can still do it online, i had it done online after the tax was out, was out 2 weeks or so out though.

I Wouldnt fancy hitting nutgrove tax office in the morning though, enjoy that ;) !!!

yeah - ill suss it out first thing tomorrow. i have to go to kellys recovery garage out in kilmac tomorrow, what a trek. haha i certainly wont step out of line again.. mind you.. my nct is out 6 months also, but she said nothin about that haha

• Advertisement

ewh, tell me about it! sick!!

The-Game wrote: »
    Yeah your right I think its only 1 month after you can still do it online, i had it done online after the tax was out, was out 2 weeks or so out though.

I Wouldnt fancy hitting nutgrove tax office in the morning though, enjoy that ;) !!!
    Nutgrove isn't too bad :)
    yeah - ill suss it out first thing tomorrow. i have to go to kellys recovery garage out in kilmac tomorrow, what a trek. haha i certainly wont step out of line again.. mind you.. my nct is out 6 months also, but she said nothin about that haha
    Jesus O_O

Nutgrove isn't too bad :)

Always liked your sense of humour!! :D

hahaha.. yea.. i think my situation is worse than i thought haha

oh jayyyysus.. nutgrove is bleedin horrific!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement