Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wanted: Groupset for winter trainer

• 10-12-2009 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hey all,
    I'm looking a groupset for my winter trainer.
    Preferences as follows: Shimano, 10 speed, 105, compact.
    If you have something outside of the above let me know as I'm open to other options.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 823 ✭✭✭columbus_66

Hi, I am about to take off my DuraAce\Ultegra 9sp groupset from my winter training bike. It is DuraAce 9sp shifters, rear derailleur, and bottom bracket, and ultegra 175mm chainset, front derailleur, chain, and calipers. I can even throw in a pair of DuraAce pd7800 pedals SPD-SL all for €150?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭bikenut

Hey Columbus, I'm interested in the 175mm crankset (standard double?) if hynesie doesn't want it. But at that price, this must be well old/used?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭hynesie

Thanks for the offer Columbus, my preference is for a 10 speed, so just in case there's something out there I'm going to give it a bit longer before I start nagging you for more info :P

Hi Bikenut, the Ultrgra chainset is a standard one in excellent condition as I only got it last year and I changed the rings for winter training. I think it came with 39\52 virtually unused. I would like to sell the whole groupset togeher as I want to move all my stuff to 10sp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭victorcarrera

Columbus Im interested in that kit. Will pm you now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭WhisperingDeath

Hi Columbus. Am happy to take the groupset ex chainset off you - if you want to sell that to bikenut. 110 sound fair?

Hopefully sold now to Victorcarrera for asking.

Still on the look out, keep this thread in mind if you're changing your groupset.

Sure Hynsie, I have actually taken off my DuraAce 7800 groupset that I raced on this year. I was going to put it on my winter trainer but I could also sell it if you want it for €350. It's perfect,never crashed and 175mm cranks. I might also be able to get my hands on a Ultegra triple 10sp groupset with 175mm cranks if you want but I am still waiting for it.

Any idea what the price might be for the Ultegra?

• Advertisement

€200 it is in good condition. I should have it by next weekend.

Definitely interested in that. What model #?

Hi Columbus
    am keen on the DA. Bit of an indulgence though. Offer 320?

Hi whisperingdeath, I think I will hold out for asking as it is still a current racing groupset and in great condition. But I could throw in a pair of DuraAce pd7800 pedals if you want for €350.

Hynesie, it is a Ultegra 6600 triple groupset, but as I say I haven't got it yet but I will let you know as soon as I do.

OK. Sounds like a more than fair deal. I'll pm you on details

thanks

Hynesie, it is a Ultegra 6600 triple groupset, but as I say I haven't got it yet but I will let you know as soon as I do.
    Sounds good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭ciarano

Hi,
    very interested in Dura Ace groupset with the pedals and will offer 350 pending inspection.Where are you based any pics?
    Thanks
    Ciaran

Sorry Ciaran, I am hopefully selling it to WhisperingDeath tomorrow, and I do realise I am selling it too cheap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭ciarano

No worries thanks dood

• Advertisement

If anyone wants I have a new 6700 compact 175mm groupset for €570 and a new Ultegra SL 175mm 39\53 std for €490. As you can see I am stuck for money at the moment and the heating went bust on Monday so that's another €2k to replace the bolier!

DuraAce groupset sold to WhisperingDeath today thanks very much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Stokolan

If anyone wants I have a new 6700 compact 175mm groupset for €570 and a new Ultegra SL 175mm 39\53 std for €490. As you can see I am stuck for money at the moment and the heating went bust on Monday so that's another €2k to replace the bolier!

I might be interested in the 6700. where abouts ya based and I presume its 10 speed? not sure if it comes in any other.

Hi stokolan, it's 10sp compact, 50\34. I live in Lucan. You'll have to be quick as I started putting it on the frame last night. It has 175mm cranks and 11-23 cassette.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Ah if your going using it I'll leave it. As I'd have to travel to dublin and not too much time for that over the next few days.

That's ok, all my road bikes are stripped at the moment and I need to get out training next weekend. I don't think the MTB will be fast enough. All the same I can get you another 6700 groupset at the same price if you want?

Advertisement