Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's all support the Unions!

Options
  • 10-12-2009 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭

Let's all stand next to Jack O'Connor, David Begg and Peter McLoone in unison at their savage cuts in take home pay!

What do you think they'll do now? Haven't they already got the mandate to strike seeing as the original ballot was for open-ended action?

Will there be much support for them from the masses and most importantly, will union memberships stay the same/increase/decrease?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

none of them took a pay cut yesterday?

amirite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

I would be tempted if I thought any union was interested in the private sector. From what I can see, the whole trade union movement only cares about the public service.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

omahaid wrote: »
    I would be tempted if I thought any union was interested in the private sector. From what I can see, the whole trade union movement only cares about the public service.

And the leaders only care for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

....and why should they have to reduce their workmans pay?!

(€120,000, €136,000, €171313 before you take into account their stints on the boards of central bank, fas etc)

Advertisement