Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this our planet?

• 10-12-2009 3:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Ok,firstly i dont believe in bigfoot or that Barack Obama knows much about Aliens,let alone an exit strategy for Afghanistan,but of late ive formulated some uncomfortable pieces of info that maybe you could help me with.

Why do we sun burn?
    Why do we get hay fever?
    Why do we get frost bite?
    Why do we get viruses and infections from our environment?

I dont think this is our planet! How come all other species dont seem to get the same ailments as we do? We cant stay in the sun or cold for too long,and e have had long enough to adapt to these environments..yet animals adapt alot quicker and live at ease in these conditions.

Ive spoken of this with a theology friend of mine and i argue with him that in this, God is proven more powerfull in that we are here on some space dust as a result of His intervention.Of course he doesnt agree with me a whole bunch but accepts mine is a point worth asking.

I came to more of my conclusions as a result of this climate change fiasco(its not man made but we arent helping) that its just a natural climate cycle and there is nothing we can or cant do to prevent what might be our demise..There is no Bruce Willis gonna ride in and blow the asteroid up and save us..sometimes when we are doomed...were just doomed!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Ok,firstly i dont believe in bigfoot or that Barack Obama knows much about Aliens,let alone an exit strategy for Afghanistan,but of late ive formulated some uncomfortable pieces of info that maybe you could help me with.

Why do we sun burn?
    Why do we get hay fever?

I know this sounds facetious, but...

A google of "animals sun burn" suggests that other animals get sunburn.
    A google of "animals hay fever" suggests that other animals suffer from hay fever
    A google of "animals frost bite" suggests that other animals suffer from hay fever.
    I don't even think I need to google to assert that other animals contract viruses and can pick up infections.
    How come all other species dont seem to get the same ailments as we do?
    So far, you've picked examples which it would appear that other species do indeed suffer from.
    We cant stay in the sun or cold for too long,and e have had long enough to adapt to these environments..yet animals adapt alot quicker and live at ease in these conditions.
    I'm not sure where this comes from. All life on earth, humans included, have environments that they are more suited to, environments they are less suited to, and environments that are fatal to them.

Oh...and what's the conspiracy angle???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,343 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Why do we sun burn?
    Why do we get hay fever?

I dont think this is our planet! How come all other species dont seem to get the same ailments as we do? We cant stay in the sun or cold for too long,and e have had long enough to adapt to these environments..yet animals adapt alot quicker and live at ease in these conditions.

Animals do get frostbite and catch viruses and have allergic reactions.
    Most don't get sunburn because they have fur or hair.

And as for adapting take a tropical fish and drop it in some water straight from the tap, see how long it takes to adapt.

But what's your alternative explanation exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Hippos sun burn yet they live in Africa. If aliens put them here why didn't they make them indigenous to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

Why do we sun burn?

Because our pale Irish skin is not used to too much sun exposure. People living in Africa probably don't get a farmers tan!
    Why do we get hay fever?

This is what's known as a hyperimmune response, or an allergy. Granulated cells in our immune system over react to what they think are foreign pathogens, when it is in fact just pollen. These cells, known as mast cells, release histamines which cause swelling and sneezing etc. They do this because they think they're fighting infection.

It's to do with evolution. We didn't evolve to exist in such harsh conditions. In extreme cold or extreme heat, our cells die. Certain bacteria can live in extreme conditions (Extremophiles)

Our immune response to bacteria and viruses actually is proof that we co-evolved with these organisms. Firstly, other animals do in fact get infections, not just us. This is a fact.

Our immune response is very complex. But in a nutshell, our immune cells recognise specific proteins and other "danger signals" associated with pathogens. We have a wide range of receptors on our cells (such as TLRs and NODs) which send a wide range of signals to other cells to initiate the correct response. This is only a small part of our immunity, i'm not even gonna talk about how our bodies fight infection with inflammation, B-cell antibodies, T cells, natural killer cells, dendritic cells... It's a long list.

Basicly, we are perfectly suited to defend ourself from these pathogens because they evolved alongside us. Sometimes the pathogen can overcome our defences, but that's just because they can evolve faster than us. The mere fact that we can even fight them off a vast majority of the time actually still surprises me!

So, the fossil evidence proves we evolved on Earth. DNA analysis of other organisms versus ours shows a great degree of overlap.

I am 100% certain we evolved naturally on Earth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Why do we sun burn?

From spending prolonged amounts of time, unprotected in the sun. Sun burn is not unique to humans.
    Why do we get hay fever?

Because of an allergic reaction. Once again, allergic reactions are not unique to humans.

Because we depend on shoes, socks and clothes to keep us warm and have adapted an environment to suit us. We are not as resistant to the elements as we would have been 10,000 years ago.

Because our immune system can't protect us from everything. New viruses come and go all the time, and mutate. If you are suggesting that humans should have a perfect immune system, might I ask what in the blue hell would make you think this?
    I dont think this is our planet!

Yes, it belongs to the pygmy goat.

Swine flu?
    We cant stay in the sun or cold for too long

Neither can any animal. Ever see a lion hide in the shade in Africa? Because even he cannot withstand the heat. We are however less resistant, and that is because as I've said - we adapt our environment to suit us, and are used to extreme comfort and regulated temperatures.
    ,and e have had long enough to adapt to these environments..yet animals adapt alot quicker and live at ease in these conditions.

Ever hear of the ice age? We adapted to that - just because we had to. We no longer have to adapt to conditions, as we can change our clothes, or drink a pint of ice cold water.
    Ive spoken of this with a theology friend of mine and i argue with him that in this, God is proven more powerfull in that we are here on some space dust as a result of His intervention.Of course he doesnt agree with me a whole bunch but accepts mine is a point worth asking.

Your friend seems like a wise person. You should listen to him more.
    I came to more of my conclusions as a result of this climate change fiasco(its not man made but we arent helping) that its just a natural climate cycle and there is nothing we can or cant do to prevent what might be our demise..There is no Bruce Willis gonna ride in and blow the asteroid up and save us..sometimes when we are doomed...were just doomed!

Humans are affecting the climate, but that's for another thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

bonkey wrote: »
    Oh...and what's the conspiracy angle???
    its hard to point to the conspiracy angle...
    but the OP sounds a bit like the "panspermia theory" which holds that meteor and comets might have seeded life throughout many planets...
    at least thats the angle i would take!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

when you look at the pyramids around the earth it could be also construed that it was built be a more intelligent civilization than ours. so did we get stupider or was there some interference with mankind to change its genetics or crossbreed.
    lots of conspiracy angles i could take that.

the nephilim may have been one or aliens another.
    also we seem to be the only species with free will.i cant explain this and would appreciate all concepts on that because it looks like one of the few things if not only one that seperates us from every living creature on earth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭jackthekipper

Didn't alot of dieases (measles, flu etc) evolve from diseases originally carried by animals?

Torakx wrote: »
    when you look at the pyramids around the earth it could be also construed that it was built be a more intelligent civilization than ours.
    What exactly about pyramids required advanced technology?
    so did we get stupider or was there some interference with mankind to change its genetics or crossbreed.
    lots of conspiracy angles i could take that.
    If there was a alien change in our DNA it would be apparent to any biologist.
    Can you point to any of these changes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 renko

I recently took the Mrs. to see 'the 4th kind' on Friday the 13th, then booked us into a hotel in Boyle for the night (Ireland's UFO hot spot). . . .

Nothing happened.

I once built a pyramid using toilet rolls - but according to Dan Brown, yes we have got stupider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

If you took a Human child from 40,000 years ago and raised it as your own it would grow up with the same intelligence as child in 2010 would.

Theres no reason why pyramids couldnt be built without aliens. Its just you think humans where simple back then.

Didn't alot of dieases (measles, flu etc) evolve from diseases originally carried by animals?

Quite true, it's known as zoonosis. It's actually quite interesting. The basic principle is that thousands of years ago, obviously before the new developments in transport, humans never really traveled very far and rarely interacted with any other humans outside their social groups.

This was obviously not an ideal situation for viruses to spread in (as if a group acquired a specific strain, it would be unable to move through a large population). So humans were not the primary hosts for these diseases initially. Now that we interact with many different people daily, viruses are more prevelant and linked to humans.

RoboClam wrote: »
    Quite true, it's known as zoonosis. It's actually quite interesting. The basic principle is that thousands of years ago, obviously before the new developments in transport, humans never really traveled very far and rarely interacted with any other humans outside their social groups.

This was obviously not an ideal situation for viruses to spread in (as if a group acquired a specific strain, it would be unable to move through a large population). So humans were not the primary hosts for these diseases initially. Now that we interact with many different people daily, viruses are more prevelant and linked to humans.

And as people in certain parts of the world domesticated these animals first the this helped lead to the conquering of other areas as the conquered never built up an immune system to counter them. it's covered in the book Guns, Germs and Steel.

when you look at the pyramids around the earth it could be also construed that it was built be a more intelligent civilization than ours. so did we get stupider or was there some interference with mankind to change its genetics or crossbreed.

Compared to skyscrapers and buildings like the Sydney Opera house? A pyramid is about as simple as it gets after a wooden hut. It just requires alot of man power (which Egypt and other such civilizations had).

i have been watching alot of programs and reading books on the egyptian pyramids.i dont want to drag the thread off topic.
    i just wanted to say it is just as likely that aliens helped or did build the pyramids all around the world as it is likely god created man,inspired the bible and ressurected his son.

there are alot of reasons i would suspect that normal humans of those days did not build those structures so fast either without advanced technology or way more time than it apparently took to build.

i dont personally believe it was aliens but i dont personally believe it was normal men of those times.the answer i dont know but it makes me think alot more about how much different humans are to anything on this planet.

for anyone pondering why i beleive weird things like this.
    i invite you to take in some other viewpoints than the norm from some links.
    the giza powerplant
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2676128221474744663&ei=jDohS_mGK5zE2wKj-JiqDQ&q=giza+powerplant

Lecture on the pyramids.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5387825475001846186&ei=jDohS_mGK5zE2wKj-JiqDQ&hl=en#

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

i just wanted to say it is just as likely that aliens helped or did build the pyramids all around the world as it is likely god created man,inspired the bible and ressurected his son.

all that means are that they are both ridiculous notions

i have been watching alot of programs and reading books on the egyptian pyramids.i dont want to drag the thread off topic.

What exactly is hard to understand about man creating a very simple structure like a Pyramid? They had an immense amount of man-power, with crude sledges which made it possible. The pyramid thing has been debunked.

Tell me exactly why you feel that man wasn't capable of building a pyramid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

when you look at the pyramids around the earth it could be also construed that it was built be a more intelligent civilization than ours.

Any half decent engineer using tools and resources available at the time, can build a pyramid.

so did we get stupider

Perhaps you should read about how current theories how the pyramids were built, before you decide we've all gone retarded.

Seriously, come on.

If you really think we could build the pyramids but then be incapable of the epic gothic cathedrals, the pantheon, or dozens of others of major pieces of western/eastern architecture that surpass them within the next few hundred years, you're clearly ill equipped to debate the position you're asserting.

Anyone who studied classics as part of the leaving cert could easily demolish your argument. I won't waist my time until you explain how the pyramid design isn't something that comes naturally to anyone who's played with lego.

As indough mentioned, you seem to be troubled by the concept that someone can be sceptical of both the Christian concept of the of the trinity, and the ideal that aliens made the pyramids.

• Advertisement

Most of what you've asked can be answered with a few simple statements:

The evolution of animals takes a lot longer to occur than it does for their native environment to change dramatically. This explains why many animals don't seem suited to their environment, because, quiet simply, natural evolution is always playing "catch up" with the animals environment (it's obviously not that simple, but you get the idea). Anyway, if an animal suited its environment perfectly, there would be little "need" for it to evolve further. And, secondly, animals migrate. This means that an animal that evolved to suit certain conditions as well as it could, could move to another environment to find many of its traits useless. Again, it's not that simple, but that's the general idea.

A basic understanding of evolution can answer many questions about animals, including why humans get sunburn etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Diogenes wrote: »
    Any half decent engineer using tools and resources available at the time, can build a pyramid.

Many of the massive stones (200+ tonnes) which make up the interior walls of these pryamids are smooth and level. A person could not fit their fingers between the gaps in these huge walls. Not impossible to build, just really difficult.

I haven't once seen anyone recreate these walls or offer exact explanations.

just to those asking me questions about my views on pyramids. the two links i posted has alot of that information.
    they show what is not in the "official" view of how they were made.they go into some detail also on the time length the pyramid of giza was started and finished and showed how they could not have made it using any known techniques from back then or even today iirc i could be wrong on the today part.
    now if you are telling me these videos have been majorly debunked i would really enjoy watching that also as i like to see all points of view on this interesting topic of pryamids.

anyway i understand you all think im crazy but i just rather look at as much info as possible before i believe an "expert" in any field i can study.
    so my suggestions on how things COULD be are meerly suggestions that it is possible to a good enough degree that i would consider it.

squod wrote: »
    Many of the massive stones (200+ tonnes) which make up the interior walls of these pryamids are smooth and level. A person could not fit their fingers between the gaps in these huge walls. Not impossible to build, just really difficult.
    Gaps smaller then a finger width? C'mon...that's easy.

Gaps you couldn't fit a sheet of paper between (such as in Inca stonework) is more impressive.

With experimental archeology, we've still been able to take good educated guesses at how they did it.
    I haven't once seen anyone recreate these walls or offer exact explanations.
    I've seen pretty-good recreations of most of them...but that's neither here nor there.

That we have lost the techniques that they had doesn't mean they couldn't have had those techniques. That we, with a completely different frame of reference, can't easily divine those techniques is also not really a killer.

Personally, I find the "we haven't figured it out exactly, so it was aliens" answer to be very reminiscent of "we haven't figured it out exactly, to it was God".

If we haven't figured it out exactly, then isn't that as far as we shouldgo? We haven't figured it out exactly so it was...something we haven't figure out, exactly.

We haven't figured it out exactly so it was...something we haven't figure out, exactly.

I was responding to a post from Diogenes.

Having seen the inside of these rooms on TV and the presenters descriptions of them it's hard for me to work out how they did it.

There's a page here which describes the weight of these stones, others like them and the distances they had travelled.
    some of the blocks of local stone in the walls of the mortuary temple weighed as much as 220 tons,
    http://www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk/top50stones.htm

These are big ass stones (200 tonnes). Smooth and level as the kitchen counter and still fit together better than your bathroom tiles.

squod wrote: »
    I was responding to a post from Diogenes.
    And I was responding to a post from you.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. If you want a personal one-on-one discussion with someone, may I suggest you take it to PM.
    Having seen the inside of these rooms on TV and the presenters descriptions of them it's hard for me to work out how they did it.
    No disagreement there.

My point was more how "can't work out" gets turned into "can't have been done", which in turn often gets turned into "aliens".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Lemondrop kid

just to those asking me questions about my views on pyramids. the two links i posted has alot of that information.
    they show what is not in the "official" view of how they were made.they go into some detail also on the time length the pyramid of giza was started and finished and showed how they could not have made it using any known techniques from back then or even today iirc i could be wrong on the today part.

anyway i understand you all think im crazy but i just rather look at as much info as possible before i believe an "expert" in any field i can study.
    so my suggestions on how things COULD be are meerly suggestions that it is possible to a good enough degree that i would consider it.

Torakx/ Dangermouse I think it would be a good idea to try to enter college, possibly study archaeology or science. You may get some answers there.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

Especialy if the engineer had spaceships and anti-gravity coils etc , and i think they did .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

But you see a lot of the illnesses of today did not exist a hundred or so years ago and it could be because of all the chemicals and poisons in the food which predispose people to illness , illnesses like cancer hardly existed over a hundred years ago , and also it could be because the foods today are nutritionally deficient compared to before the industrial revolution .

People used to be much more resiliant than they are today because they had better food and water and also there water was'nt medicated with chemicals like fluoride to keep the population docile .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

i dont normally post in this forum but anyway, here goes.

I really dont get the obsession people seem to have with pyramids. Nothing about them requires aliens to help or any sort of advanced technology we dont assume they had at the time. you talk about the stones fitting so closely you cant fit a finger in between them. ok, well do you not think if they are going to go to the trouble of moving an 200 tonne stone they would bother to carve it properly? the same is true of the alignment of the pyramids and the chambers realative to stars and all that....its pretty impressive but if you are about to build such a massive struture you blo0dy well measure it first and set it out properly.

also, if aliens turned up and built pyramids....what about all the older pyramid type structures like the step pyramids, that crooked one and so on. there is a clear progression in the design from underground mud tombs to the pyramids at giza.

uglyjohn wrote: »
    i dont normally post in this forum but anyway, here goes.

I really dont get the obsession people seem to have with pyramids. Nothing about them requires aliens to help or any sort of advanced technology we dont assume they had at the time. you talk about the stones fitting so closely you cant fit a finger in between them. ok, well do you not think if they are going to go to the trouble of moving an 200 tonne stone they would bother to carve it properly? the same is true of the alignment of the pyramids and the chambers realative to stars and all that....its pretty impressive but if you are about to build such a massive struture you blo0dy well measure it first and set it out properly.

also, if aliens turned up and built pyramids....what about all the older pyramid type structures like the step pyramids, that crooked one and so on. there is a clear progression in the design from underground mud tombs to the pyramids at giza.

I think you should watch the videos to get a better impression of what was required. This is a 70 ton granite box, as you can see there is a perfect polised surface free of abhorations. The dude is using a calibrated toolmakers square to show exactly how square both sides of the box are. He's showing you that those sides are perfectly parallel to each other.

toolmakerssquare.jpg

He also talks of contoured blocks whos lines and contours are accurate to 1000th of an inch accross its contours. It doesn't take setting out to achieve these things. It takes advanced tools and measuring devices.

contouredblock.jpg

url%5D

espinolman wrote: »
    illnesses like cancer hardly existed over a hundred years ago , and also it could be because the foods today are nutritionally deficient compared to before the industrial revolution .
    The only reason more people are getting cancer is because they are living longer, partly because of better food and water.
    More people with cancer are living longer too due to advances in medicine.
    People used to be much more resiliant than they are today because they had better food and water and also there water was'nt medicated with chemicals like fluoride to keep the population docile .
    That's just not true.
    People where dying younger and of diseases that are now easily treated and prevented. Smallpox and bacterial infections particularly.
    And this is before you even go near infant mortality.

Saying that "people where healthier in the past" is a woefully misinformed statement.

King Mob wrote: »
    The only reason more people are getting cancer is because they are living longer,

I wasn't aware that it had been established that this was the only reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

I think cancer is diagnosed a lot more than it was a hundred years ago, so we can't really be sure if there is more cancer nowadays.

I'm sure a more polluted (for the most part) environment and longer lifespans do contribute though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

I totally agree with everything that the op says.

I find it amazing that before these pyramids where built there was nothing in Egypt to compare with them.
    Some Archaeologists are now saying that the badly built pyramids around the base of the bigger pyramids are actually poor attempts to copy the pyramids but sadly failed. The badly built Pyramids where built after the good ones.

These big 200 tonne blocks were dragged along using wooden rollers, but where where these sourced, don't forget that Giza is not a forest. The nearest forests would have been in hundreds of miles inland.
    And when they got these wooden rollers to Giza how long would these rollers last with the weight of a 200 tonne block being carried to a Pyramid and then trying to roll the block up the side of the Pyramid.

And let us not forget that these blocks were not sourced at the side of the Pramids but 100's of miles away.

Having said all that I think that the Inca buildings are far superior.

And about us being different from every other animal on earth, why do we need to have an intake of Calcium through out our lives. How do Gorrillas or Apes get their Calcium? and these are big boned creatures.

And why does it take a human about 15 years to be able to fend for himself? Even 50'000 years ago kids would have had to stay close to a community or perish/be eaten.

All other animals on earth can fend for themselves after about 2 years.
    Even the ones that live in Packs, social animals.

• Advertisement

every other animal is different from every other animal, which is the whole reason why classifications of species exist

does that mean that every animal comes from a different planet?

suey71 wrote: »
    And why does it take a human about 15 years to be able to fend for himself? Even 50'000 years ago kids would have had to stay close to a community or perish/be eaten.

because we dont leave them to fend for themselves

if you let a tame animal out into the wild without preparation it wont do so well either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

Totally agree,
    but why 15 or so years, that seems a little long by any animals standards.

its a cultural/societal thing probably based somewhat around the age of sexual maturity as well

I totally agree with everything that the op says.

I find it amazing that before these pyramids where built there was nothing in Egypt to compare with them.

Um the Sphinx? The Abu Simbel temples? The tomb of Terenouthis? Alexandria? Luxor, Karnak, Abydos?

You've never been to Egypt have you?
    Some Archaeologists are now saying that the badly built pyramids around the base of the bigger pyramids are actually poor attempts to copy the pyramids but sadly failed. The badly built Pyramids where built after the good ones.

Or could be seen an an example of a once great empire in a sad and steady decline.
    These big 200 tonne blocks were dragged along using wooden rollers, but where where these sourced, don't forget that Giza is not a forest. The nearest forests would have been in hundreds of miles inland.

And when they got these wooden rollers to Giza how long would these rollers last with the weight of a 200 tonne block being carried to a Pyramid and then trying to roll the block up the side of the Pyramid.

And let us not forget that these blocks were not sourced at the side of the Pramids but 100's of miles away.

A testimony to the quality of the slave labour.

Because we've evolved to the degree that a baby can leave the womb not fully capable of fending for itself but we have a society that has built up to do so for it.
    All other animals on earth can fend for themselves after about 2 years.
    Even the ones that live in Packs, social animals.

An yet wolves haven't developed antibiotics or incubators...

• Advertisement

But you see a lot of the illnesses of today did not exist a hundred or so years ago and it could be because of all the chemicals and poisons in the food which predispose people to illness , illnesses like cancer hardly existed over a hundred years ago , and also it could be because the foods today are nutritionally deficient compared to before the industrial revolution .

I'm sure alot of modern environmental factors playa role but remember they probably couldn't diagnose diseases like today. And centuries ago wasn't some paradise where people avoided terrible diseases.

Totally agree,
    but why 15 or so years, that seems a little long by any animals standards.

I think new born chimps are almost as intelligent (probably a better term than intelligent can be used) as an 18 month old child so I'd say there could be some corellation with our extended "development" time and our advanced intelligence, also if people didn't develop close bonds with others and emotional bonds with offspring then they would be left to fend for themselves.

I wasn't aware that it had been established that this was the only reason.
    You're right Bonkey.
    Should have said "one of them main reasons".
    Increased accuracy of diagnosis is another big factor in the increased numbers.

And for those still claiming that the Egyptians couldn't move the blocks: just because you can imagine how to do it doesn't mean someone else can't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRRDzFROMx0

You're right Bonkey.

And for those still claiming that the Egyptians couldn't move the blocks: just because you can imagine how to do it doesn't mean someone else can't.

from what i have been hearing it might be better phrased we cant imagine how they did it,but they did.
    one of those lectures i think it is in. the lecturer goes on to describe the conventional method that the experts beleive might have been the way it was built.
    but the problem is with any number of people it would still have taken alot longer to build it through slavery than the time it was actually built.

alot of researches have been saying this and i have read many alternative ideas to how they moved these massive blocks inc anti gravity and superhuman beings! i dont believe them all but i certainly dont believe it was just slavery either.the blocks were too well shaped and too heavy to move hundreds of miles in such a short time let alone put them in perfect fitting order into a pyramid shape.

from what i have been hearing it might be better phrased we cant imagine how they did it,but they did.
    one of those lectures i think it is in. the lecturer goes on to describe the conventional method that the experts beleive might have been the way it was built.
    but the problem is with any number of people it would still have taken alot longer to build it through slavery than the time it was actually built.
    So how long did it take to built and how do you know it couldn't have been done in that time?
    alot of researches have been saying this and i have read many alternative ideas to how they moved these massive blocks inc anti gravity and superhuman beings! i dont believe them all but i certainly dont believe it was just slavery either.the blocks were too well shaped and too heavy to move hundreds of miles in such a short time let alone put them in perfect fitting order into a pyramid shape.
    It's been said that the blocks are too perfect etc. but that argument is and always has been an argument from incredulity.
    Can you show any evidence that aliens where involved in the building without relying on "I don't see how it could have been done therefore aliens/magic"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭fartmaster

I believe Humans and a large amount of warm blooded animals are not indigenous to this planet. For a conspiracy theory I believe that whatever wiped out the Dino's changed the whole course and evolution of this planet and we may indeed have sprung from an micro alien lifeform. We ourselves resemble a virus of sorts that continues to thrive by destroying and recreating ourselves and everything around us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

You're right Bonkey.

i dont know how the egyptians did or didnt do it, but i wonder how important water most of being!??
    water pressure maybe!!
    just a wild brain bubble ha:D.

fartmaster wrote: »
    I believe Humans and a large amount of warm blooded animals are not indigenous to this planet. For a conspiracy theory I believe that whatever wiped out the Dino's changed the whole course and evolution of this planet and we may indeed have sprung from an micro alien lifeform. We ourselves resemble a virus of sorts that continues to thrive by destroying and recreating ourselves and everything around us.

It's a nice thought and all that, but what do you say to the mountains of evidence which dispute your claim?

Are the similarities between all eukaryotic cells not enough? Perhaps DNA comparison between species? Maybe the fact that we can express human genes in bacteria using DNA vectors? If we evolved separately, how can human genes be integrated into bacteria? How are bacterial genes integrated into plants? fossils?

Why you think it must have been "a micro alien lifeforms" is beyond me. It was either just an amazing coincidence that this alien DNA has so much overlap with life on Earth, or all life co evolved. I think I will use Occam's razor here and say it's more reasonable for life to have evolved from the same source. We have perfectly natural and reasonable explanations for why we exist as we do.

fartmaster wrote: »

You're right about his as it removed reptiles as the dominant species and paved the way for mammals.

This video doesn't explain any of the stuff talked about in Torakx's videos. Thanks for posting it, I wonder what that guy would have made of the findings on Torakx's videos.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2676128221474744663&ei=jDohS_mGK5zE2wKj-JiqDQ&q=giza+powerplant#

toolmakerssquare1.th.jpg
    URL%5D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement