Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for a general election

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

aurelius79 wrote: »
    It takes guts to take money from the disabled and the unemployed? What are we gonna do, strike? Refuse to take the only income we have?

No, it would take guts to prosecute the corrupt bankers, corporations and politicians that have driven this country into recession. Will that ever happen? Not as long as the businessmen of Fianna Fail are in power.

Have a look at the departments where spending is actually going to increase by almost three and a half billion over last year. 11 million more for the Office of the Minister for Finance next year? What the hell is that for? Fifteen million over last year for the Central Statistics office?

while i would perfer take from sacred cows like the pensioners than from the disabled , in reality those on wellfare are back to where they were in autumn of 2008 which isnt bad considering we in a sever rescession , wellfare has risen dramatically this past decade , frankly i dont subscribe to the view that cutting it is an abomination and beyond the pale

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭freewheeler

irish_bob wrote: »
    while i would perfer take from sacred cows like the pensioners than from the disabled , in reality those on wellfare are back to where they were in autumn of 2008 which isnt bad considering we in a sever rescession , wellfare has risen dramatically this past decade , frankly i dont subscribe to the view that cutting it is an abomination and beyond the pale
    It is when you consider for example the 20 million quid spent on govt.spin doctors(ie those who tell our govt.how best to lie to us) but then again according to Lenihan this will be the worst budget..we've turned the corner..the worst is over blah blah...do they really believe that we're all idiots? apparently so...I hate them and all their lies..if they were at least honest just for ONCE maybe i could have some respect for them..but that it seems is too much to ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭weedfreedomtinp

i cant wait for cowen to go , hes a disgraceful leader , he was not voted in and time for you to go mr biffo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

The people of Iceland (an equally conservative country) camped in front of their national parliament for weeks on end in the freezing cold; we engage in the systematic transfer of public money into the hands of those who ruined this country, suffer two budgets of cutbacks on the ordinary and vulnerable (with more to come) and nobody bats a f*cking eyelid. If this occurred in France there'd be riots, Lenihan even pointed that out (much to his amusement no doubt.)

At the end of the day people can get angry or they can roll over, it's just a shame that 99% of the time in this country it will always be the latter choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

i cant wait for cowen to go , hes a disgraceful leader , he was not voted in and time for you to go mr biffo

He was voted in by the majority of those who voted in the Laois–Offaly constituency, so you are wrong when you say he was not voted in. Ireland does not elect its Taoiseach directly, we only elect our TD's to the Dail. Party members elect the leader of their party, and the party with the most seats becomes the party in power with it's leader becoming Taoiseach.

The rest of your point is correct. Brian Cowen is a useless leader, and I can't wait for him and his useless party to f*** o**.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Can't wait for fianna fail to go ,but theres nothing like a good irish stew to keep you going in the cold weather;)

Advertisement