Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dating tips?

• 10-12-2009 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

Ok am single and am looking for that someone special.Any advice?
    I havent met someone that I really clicked with in what feels like such a long time.I do go out on dates with guys when I'm asked but there hasnt been any sparks(good ones anyway).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Say you're a recovering nymphomainiac lesbien

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Do a barrel roll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Rub yerself in peanut butter, do a hawian tribal dance and scream "AAAAooooooooogggaaa

That'll get you a mate for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Lana80

Have tried all those and it aint working.Thanks though for the very sound advice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Lana80 wrote: »
    there hasnt been any sparks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Stop looking :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Ok...since this is the Cuckoos Nest, can't possibly take this question seriously (it's against the Cuckoos nest law)...but maybe some of the following will inspire you:

1. In the summer time, have your lunch in a trendy park like Stephens Green (or the equivalent wherever you live), seek out all the trendy suit types/hippie types (i.e. whatever ure into) , sit near someone you think you'ld like, then start chatting about the price of sandwiches, the book you're reading, or where they got their tie, as you have to buy one for your brother/father/ cousin!

2. Go to a good cafe, sidle over to your 'target', and spill your milk/coffee (but not too hot) coke etc over them...then insist on paying for their dry cleaning bill/lunch bill/ mortgage and ask for their contact details

3. Take a train journey at the right time of day- not too busy so that its packed, not too quiet that means ure sitting on ure own- ID target,,,,sit ureself down, and either spill coffee, or talk sandwiches !

4. Go to a museum- ID target- bring mini lap top to research on artist they have just looked at and looked interested in..read up pertinent information, then say something profound out loud about the painting that only a real artist fan would know...job done!!

5. Go to a play----at the break, stand near the bar with a dramatic pose...look really interested in the programme...someones bound to strike up a conversation with you. ..not saying you'll like them though!

If none of the above work, I'm sure there's a few available guys here in the Cuckoos nest...but it IS the CUCKOOS nest..!:D

Thanks for the tips Cicero (dont know if I'm brave enough to do any of them,but I may do)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Thanks for the tips Cicero (dont know if I'm brave enough to do any of them,but I may do)

Do you know what you're looking for in a guy/girl/ guy/girl combi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

This is the cuckoos nest. Doesn't this thread belong in the Frisbee forum?

• Advertisement

I'm looking for a guy who is down to earth,fun,intelligent,attractive,honest and into music.And chemistry.(drum roll)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

i-shall-play-you-the-song-of-my-peo.png

I'm looking for a guy who is down to earth,fun,intelligent,attractive,honest and into music.And chemistry.(drum roll)

My tip would be to lower your standards :D

That was my standard 5 years ago,and have lowered the bar to 'has his own teeth,a pulse and a third leg' ,and chemistry

That was my standard 5 years ago,and have lowered the bar to 'has his own teeth,a pulse and a third leg' ,and chemistry

Well you say you're looking for "Someone Special". Thing about that is, you have to find hi first.

Trying to force a spare between you and any Joe-Soap would defeat the whole purpose ya know?

And plays the flute.Very funny pic Rhyme

Sorry Mr Stuffins .what do you mean?

Sorry Mr Stuffins .what do you mean?

If you do want "Someone Special" then no amount of tips we give will make a guy you go on a date with be that special guy.

Hope i'm making sense!

You're making sense,thanks

You're making sense,thanks

There are a log of really nice guys about though, don't stop looking :D

• Advertisement

Are you pne of them?

Are you pne of them?

Of course i am :D

Joe the Gent people call me, and my name ain't even Joe :pac:

What the f*ck is wrong with you people, are you blind? Read the damn charter. MrStuffins, you're on your last warning. Any more logic or sound advice and you're out of here.

OP, show your target the shrine you made out of the samples of hair you collected off them while they slept. Men love flattery.

Sarky wrote: »
    What the f*ck is wrong with you people, are you blind? Read the damn charter. MrStuffins, you're on your last warning. Any more logic or sound advice and you're out of here.

OP, show your target the shrine you made out of the samples of hair you collected off them while they slept. Men love flattery.

Boobs!

Better. Here, have a Spengbab!

Sarky wrote: »
    Better. Here, have a Spengbab!

Thanks, i've always wanted one.

Have a South Dakota

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

When you spot a suitable mate, fling a heavy spanner at the back of his head. When he turns around to see what the **** was that, tell him you are so sorry, that you thought he was someone else. Conversation and romance should follow. :)

Nice. Don't worry about flinging it too hard, either, it just means you can skip the conversation :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

And if he turns her down, she can bludgeon him to a bloody pulp with the spanner. :cool:

• Advertisement

Men of Ireland beware of spanners hitting your heads.
    Seriously am great and getting other people together but dont go for it if I really like a guy,so spanner it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

and reusable to keep him in line...

Most guys ARE spanners so be careful, you might just be adding to his mass just like Robert Patrick in Terminator 2!

termin2d.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Want a date? Here are plenty!

180px-Dates_on_date_palm.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,575 ✭✭✭✭PFJSplitter

Yellow snow cones. Ahhhhhhhh, the flavour of lemon.....

bowllemonscms001.gif

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

dating tips ?

cut off one of her legs and count the rings , that should give you the age and hence you can work out the dates

• Advertisement

Cover him in nicotine patches while he sleeps and remove them before he wakes up. He'll equate the terrible withdrawal with you not being around. Repeat a few more times and bingo, he's yours for life.

Advertisement