Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuxedo help!

Options
  • 10-12-2009 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

Where can I rent/buy a tuxedo by this Saturday?
    I won't be able to make it to a shop today, and most of the rental places need two days to get one ready.

Anyone know where I can buy a cheap one, or somewhere that will do next day?

Kinda getting worried here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

give tangos in temple bar a shot. he is just beside the central bank a few doors down from the foggy dew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Can you not order it over the phone today and pick it up Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

black tie maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Where can I rent/buy a tuxedo by this Saturday?
    I won't be able to make it to a shop today, and most of the rental places need two days to get one ready.

Anyone know where I can buy a cheap one, or somewhere that will do next day?

Kinda getting worried here.

Get yourself to your nearest black tie, ex rental on sale for €99. Sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

i bought a tux in black tie about two weeks ago for the cheap as free cost of 99e.
    Just wandered off the street and picked one. Ten minutes start to finish. I'd say its fine to do even on the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

dan719 wrote: »
    Get yourself to your nearest black tie, ex rental on sale for €99. Sorted.

*blinks*
    They told me that the couldn't help me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

*blinks*
    They told me that the couldn't help me.

:eek: Don't give them your business so :mad:

Look at this
    http://www.burton.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?beginIndex=0&catalogId=20553&storeId=12551&categoryId=144969&parent_category_rn=63454&langId=-1&top=Y
    Bargain! There's a store in Jervis Street - give them a phone and see if they have any in stock in your size, if they do, reserve it and pick it up Saturday :)

Or Marks and Sparks...? http://www.marksandspencer.com/Eveningwear-Suits-Mens/b/43490030

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

As cosmic mentioned, give M&S a look. I picked mine up fairly cheaply there about a year ago. They usually have decent stock in both Grafton St and Jervis...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

M&S do'em. There's a thread started by a chap that found some cheap dinner jacket/bow tie/shirt/trou combos in Dublin - It's in the Fashion & Appearance forum and in the Bargain Alerts forum if you fancy a look through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

I can't speak for the jackets or trousers, but the dress shirts for €8 in Penney's are as good as you'll get anywhere, or at least as good as the €60 non-designer ones you get in Cleary's etc. Trust me on this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

M&S refuse to answer their phones (in any store), so I managed to get BlackTie to fit me over the phone (they weren't too co-operative), and am trying it on today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,945 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

dickybow.ie - tuxedo delivered to your door for €80

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You might be surprised what turns up in charity shops.
    My brother found an Armani suit once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

Tk Maxx in Stephen's Green do fairly cheap tuxes to buy iirc. Think I bought one for €130 a couple of years ago.

Should probably give them a ring to check.

M&S meant to be good too.

Advertisement