Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lightstands required - Where?

• 10-12-2009 4:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi

I have two 580 ex flashes and I want to get stands and reflective umbrellas for them. Can anyone recommend anywhere that I can get these for a reasonalbe price? Not online though as I have to buy them tomorrow.
    I also need a hand held reflector!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

If you're in Dublin try Gunn's. They do have that kind of thing in stock (usually).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭hcnyla

I'm in the Dublin area so Barker no good. I'll try Gunns.

Is there any lighting/strobist type shop in Dublin or in Leinster area?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭PabD

hcnyla wrote: »
    I'm in the Dublin area so Barker no good. I'll try Gunns.

Is there any lighting/strobist type shop in Dublin or in Leinster area?

You could chance your arm looking in Maplin for whatever lighting/strobe you need. Look at the website http://www.maplin.co.uk/Home.aspx if you see something just call your local store. If you tell them the product number they will let you know if it is in stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

There is DL in Clondalkin they supply photographic lighting along with a lot more. My husband picked up stage lights from there before so they probably have a huge range although I reckon they may be pricey enough too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

hcnyla wrote: »
    Hi

I have two 580 ex flashes and I want to get stands and reflective umbrellas for them. Can anyone recommend anywhere that I can get these for a reasonalbe price? Not online though as I have to buy them tomorrow.
    I also need a hand held reflector!

Thanks

Conns Cameras have them. 179 euro each.
    http://www.connscameras.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

DML are in Dublin

www.dml.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Orly

www.Thomann.de have a decent range of Manfrotto stands at good prices

Advertisement