Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many self-employed are making less than minimum wage / dole ?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Zicom

soden12 wrote: »
    When it comes to tax I'm sure many self-employed people are earning close to minimum wage after they've offset their SUVs, their multiple holidays homes, their Plasma TVs, their jacuzzis and so-on.

Self-employed are supposed to be dynamic entrepreneurs and go-getters but yet they cream it in during the good times, pay sweet-all tax, screw their employees and then moan when the lean times come and expect the taxpayer to bail them out.

Well boys and gals - sell off one of your many properties and quit moaning. Maybe drop the golf-club membership as well or is it still needed to "network" with your banker buddies ?

I guess you are not self employed!
    I am and I have a 1996 Landrover, no jacuzzi or second home and only one holiday in last 10 years. I work 70+ hours a week and pay staff more than I get myself. I'm lucky to cover the bills let alone make a wage for myself. Oh and I don't get holiday pay, sick pay or paid overtime.
    People make me mad who say it's easy without trying it themselves. Yes there are some benefits to being self employed like flexible hours, I often work all night! Right now I'd love a job where I get paid no matter if I slack of the odd day and don't work hard but still have the sane amount in my bank every week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Sell the landrover and buy a delorean.

Then you could travel back in time to when the thread wasnt a zombie thread.

Advertisement