Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a zip..

Options
  • 10-12-2009 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

I'm looking for just the actual zipper part of a zip to repair a bag.. I checked in Hickeys, no luck. Anywhere in town which might have em? Otherwise I reckon I'll be trying to buy one of what they have in Hickeys and remove the zipper from it...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Owldshtok

Singers,Middle St

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Ryan's Homeware upstairs, with a bit of luck!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

What do you mean by the zipper part of a zip? The teeth or the tab?

You'll really only be able to get a full zip in any of those places. If it's the tab you could take one off another zip?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

Yeah, tab's what I need. I didn't pick one up the last day in Hickey's just out of interest more than anything to see could I get just that anywhere in Galway. Most likely solution's going to be getting a full zip and removing the tab...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

You mean the pull-tag bit? Why not use something like a keyring ring - I've used 'em for rucksacks before - tis grand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

The shop upstairs in the Eyre Square shopping centre has zips, well I managed to get one there anyway, not sure what it's called but when you enter from the Elvery's side it's up the brown stairs on the right.

The rings from keyrings make good replacements for chunky ones if aesthetics don't matter. A paperclip can be used on lighter ones.

But that aint what I'm looking for :D The subtle differentiations of zip elements :D I'm looking for the bit that ties the zips together... A small one too, for a pouch on a laptop bag. Nice laptop bag!

Ah the runner. Forgot that bit. They're all different depending on the material and weight and size of zip. Hmm, guessing the bag's made of heavy stiff material. I wonder if a seamstress would be able to replace the zip altogether?I couldn't tell you without taking a look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Any dry cleaners that also does alterations should be able to replace the zip altogether for you.

• Advertisement

Cool, thanks folks!

Advertisement