Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you more or less likely to vote FF/Green after the Budget?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

thebman wrote: »
    Same, its one of the few things I can put down in their positive pile although its more than negated by their policies requiring it in the first place.

Yep, you don't get applauded for cleaning up the mess after you've vomited or something so they shouldn't be thanked too much! But at least they didn't keep covering up the mess, leaving it for someone else to clean at some point in the future when it's gotten worse, which was well within their form to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Sandwich wrote: »
    Are the "No, but I wouldn't have voted for them regardless of what they did." voters people who:
    - vote unthinkingly for one party out of tradition/habit/blind support
    - make no assessment of what a govt is actually doing but are always just against whatever govt is in power
    - want revenge on someone, whether it would harm recovery or not
    - other ?

Voted for FF before, but as it stands now, wont be voting for them again, it is possible i could vote for them but that only says something about the lack of opposition rather than my support of FF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Haven't voted for FF in years but given the recent budget I'd be "more likely" to vote for them again. In saying that I still probably wouldn't vote for them. A bit disillusioned at this stage on who to vote for to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

After the budget i'm less likely to vote for them (if that where possible)
    Horrible what they have done to people this time around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭frman

Not a chance in hell I could vote FF after what they have done to this economy.

I will be voting FG and hope that they can get an overall majority as having labour in Govt would be a disaster.

Fianna Fail as the minor opposition party would suit me just fine for the next few years or 100.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

There should be an option for:

"More liklely to vote FF after the budget, but not going to"

Which would probably sum up a lot of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

After hearing Eamon Gilmore this morning I am depressed.He would have done a deal with the unions (which means the taxpayer would have been screwed again). Talk about repeating the mistakes of the past. It just sums up that Labour would be a disaster in Government and the Country would become insolvent in no time at all. Unless FG have a chance of getting an overall majority I think people will vote for the devil they know in FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

My respect for Lenihan went up after the budget, but that's about it.

After what FF did to the country, will never vote for them.

I think FG didn't look great after the budget (criticising it etc), but was impressed with their pre-budget commentary, and ideas of what they would cut to find 4 billion. Will definitely vote for them next time.

Labour looked ridiculous, and I honestly think they would be a disaster in government.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,025 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Rookster wrote: »
    After hearing Eamon Gilmore this morning I am depressed.He would have done a deal with the unions (which means the taxpayer would have been screwed again). Talk about repeating the mistakes of the past. It just sums up that Labour would be a disaster in Government and the Country would become insolvent in no time at all. Unless FG have a chance of getting an overall majority I think people will vote for the devil they know in FF.
    Sad but so true, and I fear that the main reason (or one of them) is FG's leader Mr. Kenny. He has had umpteen chances to show leadership over the past couple of years and I have yet to see any. So long as he is at the helm they'll struggle IMO. I would need to believe FG can get an overall majority to vote for them as I would never want to see Labour in government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

thats why it essential that fine gael ditch kenny as leader , he is holding them back and a major turn off to many swing voters who genuinley want to vote fine gael

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭erictheviking

I can see by the poll that posters on here do not represent the opinions of Ireland as a whole. Not by a mile! Most people saying they wouldn't vote for FF anyway? Yeah Right! How did they get into power then? I reckon most people on here will give it loads about how they won't vote for them and then vote them in again givng the crap excuse about their being no alternative. Fianna Fail can kiss my butt!! They have never had my vote and will never get it! I will brainwash my kids so that they never vote for them either :D:D and many many other working class people will do the same.
    Fine Gael are a joke also. they called for cuts to the poorest in society and then once it was done harangued the government for doing it. Hypocrites!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭erictheviking

The Majority of the country are working class people and if it wasn't for peoples apathy and the weird civil war politics in Ireland they would probably get a much higher percentage of votes.

Advertisement