Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are our Lives gone fixated on hatred towards "the other sector"?

Options
  • 10-12-2009 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭

For the love of God, every single soul on this Island has the attitude of "cut everyone elses pay/benefit/dole but don't dare touch mine" and also "I have had so much pain but no one else seems to".
    Maybe its time for us to stop spending 23.9 hours a day talking crap and giving out about each other. Private Sector works for profit, has had cuts and hate the PS.
    The PS is not for profit, has had cuts and hate the mostly unfounded grilling from the Private Sector. Maybe time to call it a draw and get on with hoping thats the end of the pain.
    George Lee talked this country into a recession, Eddie Hobbs spends all his time giving out about whatever is out there and David Williams has his great theories. Lenihan talks the talk and Cowen stays quiet as he can be blamed for contributing to the mess. But why blame people, we can blame Hitler all we want but the world assisted in his coming to power and likewise we were all happy to take pay rises, big bonuses and dig our hands into Charlies/Berties put of Gold. The list could go on as to what we all should have done in last 10 years.
    I am off to get over my pay cut (yes I am a teacher) which I am not happy about and will ensure I slam the door in my FF TDs face when he comes a knocking in 2 years but until then, I hope this economy will get back to normal and we can enjoy life.
    Isn't that what life is for?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭gent9662

TheDriver wrote: »
    For the love of God, every single soul on this Island has the attitude of "cut everyone elses pay/benefit/dole but don't dare touch mine" and also "I have had so much pain but no one else seems to".
    Maybe its time for us to stop spending 23.9 hours a day talking crap and giving out about each other. Private Sector works for profit, has had cuts and hate the PS.
    The PS is not for profit, has had cuts and hate the mostly unfounded grilling from the Private Sector. Maybe time to call it a draw and get on with hoping thats the end of the pain.
    George Lee talked this country into a recession, Eddie Hobbs spends all his time giving out about whatever is out there and David Williams has his great theories. Lenihan talks the talk and Cowen stays quiet as he can be blamed for contributing to the mess. But why blame people, we can blame Hitler all we want but the world assisted in his coming to power and likewise we were all happy to take pay rises, big bonuses and dig our hands into Charlies/Berties put of Gold. The list could go on as to what we all should have done in last 10 years.
    I am off to get over my pay cut (yes I am a teacher) which I am not happy about and will ensure I slam the door in my FF TDs face when he comes a knocking in 2 years but until then, I hope this economy will get back to normal and we can enjoy life.

as a private sector worker, I think the talking up the recession is absolutely correct. Look at Lee for example, he talks up the recession and gets a nice TD position out of it.

I think you are right, it's about time to stop playing the blame game and start being proactive in getting our butts out of the bad times and back into the good times.

We have all now felt the pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭RaoulDukeHST

Yes, the government spin doctors are loving the results. Get society at odds with each other to deflect from the real villains - ie the Fianna FAIL government and their sell out Green enablers. A real smoke screen.

As for slamming the door on FF, that should have been the case for the last several years. They have excelled at total incompetance and corruption. It is about time the public started to stand up and hold them to account for it. Mass protests in Iceland caused their government to resign. I know no one in the corrupt Irish administration ever resigns (O'Donoghue was kicking and screaming for months!) but maybe there is some hope.

dclane wrote: »
    as a private sector worker, I think the talking up the recession is absolutely correct. Look at Lee for example, he talks up the recession and gets a nice TD position out of it.

I think you are right, it's about time to stop playing the blame game and start being proactive in getting our butts out of the bad times and back into the good times.

We have all now felt the pain.

Sorry guys but I have to disagree. This recession was not caused by a few economists (who were scathed in the media and by government) talking it down. The writing was on the wall for several years. Its seems similar to the way the Catholic Church imprisoned Galileo for heresy for his theory that the sun does not circle the earth. Nearly 400 years later Pope John Paul II issued a formal apology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭gent9662

Yes, the government spin doctors are loving the results. Get society at odds with each other to deflect from the real villains - ie the Fianna FAIL government and their sell out Green enablers. A real smoke screen.

As for slamming the door on FF, that should have been the case for the last several years. They have excelled at total incompetance and corruption. It is about time the public started to stand up and hold them to account for it. Mass protests in Iceland caused their government to resign. I know no one in the corrupt Irish administration ever resigns (O'Donoghue was kicking and screaming for months!) but maybe there is some hope.

Even though you disagreed with me, I do believe also the politicians that it FF/Greens are major contributors to the situation we are in now. Totally agree that they should go. FF have been in power for too long and that is not good for the country. A spell in opposition is well overdue. As far as the greens go, there is no time for upper middle class reforms in this climate. We need a strong leader and really we have no one up to the job.

Totally agree with you dclane, although at this stage I would let a monkey run the country. Anyone but who is there now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Daithinski

I agree, we should fight the common enemy.

i.e. The Peoples Front of Judea, or is it the Judean Peoples front??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Warfi

Daithinski wrote: »
    I agree, we should fight the common enemy.

i.e. The Peoples Front of Judea, or is it the Judean Peoples front??

We're the People's front of Judea! Duh!

Judean People's front? B*stards, the lot of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

"Hatred for the other Sector"

Why does anyone hate the private sector?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

TheDriver wrote: »
    I am off to get over my pay cut (yes I am a teacher) which I am not happy about and will ensure I slam the door in my FF TDs face when he comes a knocking in 2 years

Perhaps you should have slammed the door in the face of your union leaders when they were looking for benchmarking and you wouldn't now have to give up part of the increase you got.
    but until then, I hope this economy will get back to normal and we can enjoy life.

Well you'll still have a permanent job, no worries about losing your house and nice long summer holidays - I'd say you can continue enjoying life now.

- Sorry, can't resist the dig - the hatred is consuming me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

And thats what I am talking about Jimmy, hatred!
    I could list lots of replies to that etc but to be honest, like the rest of this forum, its all one side vs the other.
    And to the poster as to why people hate the private sector, its because in public sector, we seem to get a lot of abuse, good lot of which is unfounded. Again there could be lists made out but then this thread would turn into a them vs us thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Warfi

Pity that such a neutral thread had to to be turned into a public vs private debate again :rolleyes:

Advertisement