Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop repair

• 10-12-2009 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

Can anyone reccommend someone that could fix a laptop in Athlone, someone that would be fairly resonable and good at it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭jamesd

Whats wrong with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭kim_eire

it keeps saying not responding to everything i open, takes ages to get anything done with it and it wont turn on right, usually have to ctrl,alt & delete to get the start screen up on it!

I think there are 2 options in athlone that i know of - Theres a small internet cafe near mary's discount store or there's midland computers in baylough and they have a set charge per job no matter how long it takes for home computers - I think its €80 or €90.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

If you're willing to spend an hour of your time, you might want to look at the windows forum on boards, where they might ask you to download and run Malwarebytes to clean out the common viruses and bugs first.

Just to prevent you paying out for something that might be trivial to fix.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
    After it's installed, tell it to do a full scan.

The freeware version is pretty decent at cleaning a one-off infection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭coillcam

If you are near Mullingar at all, I work in a computer repairs/sales shop. It's €75 labour for a repair generally speaking. I am not going to post any more details as I am not sure what the guidelines are on what I may post as being spam/advertising here.

Anyway just pm me if you want some more info kim_eire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

The small internet shop technician would be me ;) lol

If you're still stuck pm me for details or drop into the shop :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 jacket/potato

ok ive mad a mess of my laptop, i cracked the screen but im currently connecting to another monitor to use it, so it isnt affecting the laptop, but its really head wrecking, do ya think the lads in athlone mite be able to help me out with it? or wud its be cheaper to just buy a new laptop? its a dell inspiron i got bout 3 yrs ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 jacket/potato

i forgot to say a friend of mine said maybe i should buy a new screen on ebay and get someone to connect it? BOT BOT ya able to help me out?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Zentoad

The cost or reparing/replacing a screen on a laptop would not be worth it. At 3 years old you are probably better off going for a new one. Just get a 3 year warrenty on any Laptop.

//Joe

i forgot to say a friend of mine said maybe i should buy a new screen on ebay and get someone to connect it? BOT BOT ya able to help me out?

You would get a screen from ebay for about €80 and its about an hours work to replace it as ive done 3 of them, 2 from cat damage and another from dog damage :).

• Advertisement
Advertisement