Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

whats Wrong with camping?

• 10-12-2009 5:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭

I have been playing COD MW2 for a month now and like its predesessors its full of campers, I dont like to camp I find it boring but why do people get to bothered about it, I have paused to take a break from running and gunning and stabing my way to a 10 kill streak only to be shot and then abused for being a camper. I dont see what the diference is between camping and sniping, which im usless at too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I guess it's seen as being against the spirit of the game. Usually people complaining about it late skills to actually play the game in my experience.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's all part of the game. The complaints are because being killed out of nowhere by a camper is easily the most frustrating way to be killed in an FPS since there'svery little you could have done about it. It'sstill fair game and people just need to deal with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I am more of a run and gun type of guy than a camper, but I guess these games are replicating real warfare (to some extent), and in real warfare the enemies do not run laps of the battlefield, they dig in and pick you off.

I abhor spawn campers who truly are bottom feeders, but regular camping aka, sniping, I am fine with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 merc998

Camper send her on!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

Its fine when you have a well organised team with snipers on both sides but when one team has 4 guys sniping and your team doesnt have any (or any good ones) its very annoying as you can feel like your just target practice for people that arent really adding much fun to the game....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

snipers camp,thats the way they are.
    Im of a mixed mind about proper camping(sitting in a corner just shooting passing traffic).I think its a crap way of getting a kill,but tbh most campers are muck so the revenge kill is often easy.I dont do it(or dolphin jumps either for that matter)but I do play cautiously checking around corners before i move,have been accused of camping when I have ducked into a corner to reload or have a mouthful of beer:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

I don't mind it too much, but it just drives me feckin crazy in domination, in cod:mw2. I don't mind peole defending the flag, but it really gets me going when you have idiots just camping in bizzare spots just getting there kill count up. If they want to do that go into the deatmatch games and let the rest of us loosers run around like spastics in our own little game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

While it can be annoying it annoys me more in other games more than in MW2, theres a kill cam so you can see exactly where he shot you from. Chances are if he stays there camping you can just go back and shoot him and end his streak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Zarbon

Camping is a strategy, everyone needs to get over it and stop whining. If someone calls you a camper...oh that hurts...laugh at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

it's pointless complaining. I guess people complain because it's less of a reflex kill, and more luck - someone has to run across your sights. but then, you may get less kills and you have to find the place to camp anyway!
    personally, I don't mind campers. I hate when you run into a guy and he shoots you first, but if someone snipes me from a mile away, and I was crouching, there's nothing I could have done about it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

You get accused of it all the time in MW2.

What I find bizarre is people calling you camping noob in Domination / Sabotage etc. Modes where you have to actively defend something specific..... *boggle*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Camping Booo!

Sniping Yaay!

Advertisement