Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chatty girls in the library

Options
  • 10-12-2009 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Im fed up with chatty girls gossiping between themselves in the quiet parts of the library. Very distracting. Please take your facebook talk outside. Where's librocop when you need him, or does he ignore pretty girls talking away :rolleyes: rant over

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Its pretty annoying and inconsiderate alright. To be fair sometimes you do need to ask questions but if it is facebook gossip then do it elsewhere.

As for librocop- he just fixes them with a smouldering stare and when he realises they cant see him the stare drops to about waist height;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

But where else are you gonna find out that fintan is doing the dirt on sorcha while she's up the damien duff with his kid?

The library these days is like an episode of One Tree Hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

But where else are you gonna find out that fintan is doing the dirt on sorcha while she's up the damien duff with his kid?

The library these days is like an episode of One Tree Hill.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

MrKingsley wrote: »
    ........... the stare drops to about waist height;)
    [BS]
    Where do these miniature females come from?Do they only live in the library?Maybe I've stepped over some and never noticed this new species

[/BS]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Go up to them, and stare them out of it while they're talking, keep staring at them and say nothing, even when they stop talking keep staring and say nothing, when they say anything to you, just keep on staring and stay quiet...

It's just a great laugh for freaking out idiots, probably of no use to the OP but a great way of having a laugh!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

El Siglo wrote: »
    a great way of having a laugh!:D

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Go over to them and say "Excuse me, could you please stop that incessant chatter. There are people here under exam pressure and your conversation unfortunately is not one of the suspected topics on any of our papers" and sit back down at your desk. Simple as. I'm often one of those chatty girls. I'd definitely shut up

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭qwert2

SexyD4Lady wrote: »
    Go over to them and say "Excuse me, could you please stop that incessant chatter. There are people here under exam pressure and your conversation unfortunately is not one of the suspected topics on any of our papers" and sit back down at your desk. Simple as. I'm often one of those chatty girls. I'd definitely shut up

Don't suppose that was you then earlier talking away on the 1st floor ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

To be honest I've found that saying something like that only works when each syllable is punctuated by a merciless thrashing with a (librocop approved) expandable baton.

W289-290.jpg

...If anyone wants one I'll be selling them in front of O'Reilly hall tomorrow at 3pm

qwert2 wrote: »
    Don't suppose that was you then earlier talking away on the 1st floor ;)

No, studying at home today. And I try not to do it during exam time or coming up to it... people get very stressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

You should pass the message on to your mates so

insert-gear, I didn't say I was friendly with the girls that were talking in the library. UCD is rather big and there are a lot of chatty girls around! I meant I am a girl and have chatted in the library to female friends before and been aware of it irritating people in the vicinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

this is exactly why ive been studying at home this week, a screaming two year old is way less annoying than listening to talking,texting,looking at facebook,eating, drinking and the list goes on. i cant stand it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

leesmom wrote: »
    this is exactly why ive been studying at home this week, a screaming two year old is way less annoying than listening to talking,texting,looking at facebook,eating, drinking and the list goes on. i cant stand it!!

Why would it bother you if someone is drinking, or on facebook. Eating, makes noise, talking makes noise... both distracting etc... but the rest... seems pointless!

Having said that, some people are over sensitive to it.

Iv gotten dirty looks for pearing my pencil on occasion... ridiculous! Takes a few seconds, if even that is, and is a necessity and feck all noise.

If your that easily distracted by others you shouldnt be there.

Obviously i don't mean people having full blown chats or whatever. But people do occasionally have to ask each other questions. Once they are considerate to keep their voice down I do not see the problem. If they arent then it's a problem.

If every little bugger noise bothers you get ear plugs...

Tad bit of a rant on me there...

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

muboop1 wrote: »
    Why would it bother you if someone is drinking, or on facebook. Eating, makes noise, talking makes noise... both distracting etc... but the rest... seems pointless!

Having said that, some people are over sensitive to it.

Iv gotten dirty looks for pearing my pencil on occasion... ridiculous! Takes a few seconds, if even that is, and is a necessity and feck all noise.

If your that easily distracted by others you shouldnt be there.

Obviously i don't mean people having full blown chats or whatever. But people do occasionally have to ask each other questions. Once they are considerate to keep their voice down I do not see the problem. If they arent then it's a problem.

If every little bugger noise bothers you get ear plugs...

Tad bit of a rant on me there...
    i am not there, i said it irritates me, hence the reason why i study at home.
    and im not talking bout a question here or there im talking about full blown conversation, answering their phone having a chat right beside you and not putting their phone on silent ,just so everybody around them knows when they receive a text

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I just go over and chat them up, they soon pack up and leave then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

It funny how within the library there is a different level of noise that is acceptable in different parts. In parts people feel like they can chat away to their hearts content while in other places people get the evil eyes for rummaging in their bag.

The top floor is pretty bad for people talking I find. I've found myself a nice little section on the 2nd floor that's silent, even librocop knows its like that as well because he's never comes around. Pity, I miss his smoldering looks and bull dog like swagger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

well,here i am down to 2nd floor caused' really cant stand some basta*rd keep talking and laughing for longer than 30mins now - worse thing is they are lads:confused::confused:

facepalm1.jpg

probably some 1st or 2nd yr kids...will they gonna fail??

/rant off to face my wall study:P

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

insert-gear, I didn't say I was friendly with the girls that were talking in the library. UCD is rather big and there are a lot of chatty girls around! I meant I am a girl and have chatted in the library to female friends before and been aware of it irritating people in the vicinity.

You said you have done it, but you weren't in the library at the time. I assume when you were chatting you were talking to your friends, I would also assume that your friends may chat without you.

This by no means implies it was the same girls but it does imply that you have friends who chat in the library, although they are "aware of it irritating people in the vicinity". So perhaps in future, you and your friends could maybe...not do it. Thanks so much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

seraphimvc wrote: »
    probably some 1st or 2nd yr kids...will they gonna fail??

/rant off to face my wall study:P

Will they gonna fail, indeed....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

If they are good looking I tend not to mind :D Gives me some entertainment in these less than exciting weeks.

Advertisement