Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Were higher education grants affected?

Options
  • 10-12-2009 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

Were maintenance grants for higher education decreased for the people who are entitled to the highest grant?
    (i.e. lowest income families)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Looks like they are all down by 5% from jan 2010

See Here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 chris reddin

if you get back to education allowance you will not get the grant from jan but your fees will still be paid just got email from my college today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 k.alexander

Hey - I am a student at UCC and they sent us an email with a link:http://yourunion.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/usi-budget-2.pdf which said this:

If you already get the Back to Education Allowance or the VTOCS and the grant, you will continue to receive both for the duration of your studies.
    This will not affect people who get both this year, but will apply to every new applicant from September 2010.

And yes - from January 2010 all grants are reduced by 5%

Hope this helps :)

Advertisement