Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transparency in Dreamweaver.

Options
  • 10-12-2009 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    How, using Dreamweaver/CSS, would I go about rendering the background of a div as transparent? Basically I'm using container divs for my header & nav bar so I would rather just use the one background (the one for the complete body of the page or even just the main div). Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

You can use CSS opacity, but be aware that any nested child elements can't go beyond that opacity.

e.g. If a div is 50% and the links within it are 100%, those links will be "100% OF 50%".

P.S. Just re-read your post. If you don't have any background image or colour set (or you explicitly set them to "none") then the background will by FULLY transparent.

Advertisement