Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pancakes

Options
  • 10-12-2009 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know a cafe that does pancakes? In particular blueberry ones?

I was in Dublin last weekend and had bluberry pancakes for breakfast and I have to so they were very nice.

Wouldn't mind trying them again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Blueberrys + Batter = blueberry pancakes at home...I know there use to be a place in Salthill but I was way too young and can't remember..theres a Waffle place on Middle Street..they might do them too...its called Mr. Waffle

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Yeah, my first thought was Mr. Waffle

But seriously, blueberry pancakes are sooo easy...

Ever had chocolate chip pancakes? Or better yet, banana pancakes? With nutella on top.... mmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I seem to remember them on Ard Bia's brekkie/brunch menu, but that was a while ago..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭susanroth

Xiney wrote: »
    Yeah, my first thought was Mr. Waffle

But seriously, blueberry pancakes are sooo easy...

Ever had chocolate chip pancakes? Or better yet, banana pancakes? With nutella on top.... mmmm
    OMG Have a serious obsession with pancakes. Love banana pancakes. I'd say you'd be as well off making them at home, cant think of anywhere that does blueberry pancakes... Always think they taSTE better homemade anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

OK I'm heading to Dunnes to see if I can get blueberrys :). Mmmmmmm Pancakes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Nimmos certainly used to have them on the Sunday brunch menu. Probably still do I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

Mr. Waffle is the job.... UNREAAALLLLL

dafunk wrote: »
    Nimmos certainly used to have them on the Sunday brunch menu. Probably still do I'd say.

Yep, Ard Bia moved in there, found it...ard bia at Nimmos..Here's da pancakes

Then again, dunno if the berries are mixed in the batter like proper blueberry pancakes..you could ask them to do that I'm sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭ceepeedee

I'm pretty sure I had them in Born recently!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

Saw this and thought of you, lidl from thursday

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20100107.p.Waffle_Maker

thinking of investing in one myself, my kids love waffles for brekky:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭claireeney

What about that place on shop street across from Anthony ryans? It's a crepe place, got some good ones there. Chocolate, nuts, cream, nom. Also Bon appitite or whatever it's called up beside lynches castle does them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

claireeney wrote: »
    What about that place on shop street across from Anthony ryans? It's a crepe place, got some good ones there. Chocolate, nuts, cream, nom. Also Bon appitite or whatever it's called up beside lynches castle does them.

Zatsuma. They're amazingly good and with the loyalty card you get every 8th one free or something. Pity they don't have more seats inside though, I've only been there once since the summer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭surime

The best pancakes recipe:
    *50g soft butter
    *300g flour
    *3 eggs
    *3 spoons of icing sugar
    *3 spoons sunflower oil
    *500ml milk
    Sieve flour into mixing bowl and fold in butter ,eggs, sugar ,oil. Mix all together gradually adding milk. Use hand mixer for smooth batter. Use 3/4 of soup ladle for one pancake and fry on little oil and non-sticky pan for about 1 min each side.

These are more crepes than pan cakes .I would recomend trying them with cream and strawberries or even better with cottage cheese mixed with cream fraiche ,sugar and egg yolk.
    For not sweet "finger party food" version:

"Crêpes roulées au prosciutto et au chévre frais à l'ail"
    (pancake rolls with parma ham spinach ,cream cheese and pine nuts)

*100g of philadelphia cream cheese
    *2 spoons of cream fraiche
    *1 clove of garlic
    *about 20 leafs of baby spinach
    *8 slices parma ham
    *2 spoons of toasted pine nuts (to toast them ,just put them on hot teflon frying pan until golden brown.
    *salt and pepper

Mix philadelphia with cream and garlic. Wash and dry spinach. Spread cheese on pancakes ,put slice of ham and few pine nuts on each one with few drops of balsamic vinegar. Roll and cut diagonally in four pieces.

Great food for evening with friends and wine. ;)

Yum! Sounds lovely. Yeah, more a crepe though. Pancakes have to have fluffiness, a raising agent of some sorts like baking powder or a buttermilk.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭thegrayson

They're not in Galway City but the Poppy Seed in Clarinbridge and Athenry do amazing Blueberry Pancakes with Crispy Bacon and Maple Syrup.

Advertisement