Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRSI Dental Treatment Benefit Scheme

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

According to the department, some dentists had made appointments for patients without contacting them, unaware that some were deceased.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/dentists-accused-of-making-claims-for-dead-patients-1985714.html

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Daithi07

Lets get this straight. I go to dentist twice a year for check up and clean that is (was) covered by my stamps. I due a check up and clean this month and now have to pay:eek: or is this basic treatment still covered:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

re: decline in dental health in Ireland. This latest move doesn't surprise me at all.

I have paid 650 euro in PRSI this year that I could have spent on getting my smashed up teeth fixed. I have had bad experiences with dentists ripping me off for bad work in the past so I have decided to shelve my teeth until I am in a better job in a few years. Of course, if I quit my job and go on the dole my PRSI will be well spent but heaven forbid I get something back while still in employment:rolleyes: All the while, one of my workmates has voluntarily cut her hours back to keep the Jobseeker's benefit and is now receiving rent allowance for her new place. Once again, the incentive is to be an unproductive member of society. Goodness, this country is broken.

I would clench my teeth in rage but they don't fit together anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Daithi07 wrote: »
    Lets get this straight. I go to dentist twice a year for check up and clean that is (was) covered by my stamps. I due a check up and clean this month and now have to pay:eek: or is this basic treatment still covered:confused:

Bring some dosh with you on both your visits. You get one annual examination free, everything else (2nd exam + both cleanings) you pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 emerald-eagle

I gave up on Irish dentists ages ago. From my own experience and from people that I talk to it seems that many of them are very incompetent and they charge crazy prices. In addition, I am self-employed and pay a different rate of PRSI (you don't get to choose which kind you pay) and so have never been entitled to any dental cover.
    The answer is TO GO TO NEWRY. If you send me a message I'll give you the phone number of the fantastic dentist I go to there. Standard cleaning used to cost me 125 euros in Dublin, and now I pay 25 pounds in Newry.
    The people who are supposed to be running this country are so stupid I sometimes can't believe it. Didn't they see that cancelling PRSI dental cover will just send everybody to Newry? And then they say we're not patriotic. Well, they can stuff it. I'll take my custom wherever I like.

Hi there

any chance of the name & nbr for that dentist in Newry? Need to get a filling replaced & dentists in Dublin are trying to charge me extortion for it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dean21

my dentist send in claim for the PRSI last october even though i did not get my teeth done till January so that was fraud
    They are a rip off. They look for a hole in you tooth, they drill it out and fill it or else they take it out, so it is not rocket science

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

dean21 wrote: »
    my dentist send in claim for the PRSI last october even though i did not get my teeth done till January so that was fraud

No it's not. There was a grace period until March 31st for treatments scheduled before the end of the year.

dean21 wrote: »
    They are a rip off. They look for a hole in you tooth, they drill it out and fill it or else they take it out, so it is not rocket science

Out of interest what do you do for a living ?

Stark wrote: »
    No it's not. There was a grace period until March 31st for treatments scheduled before the end of the year.

It was fraud. I did not get my teeth checked till december, and they put the claim in stating the treatment was completed with an october date on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

You said January in your previous post, now it's December?

• Advertisement

Stark wrote: »
    You said January in your previous post, now it's December?
    got checkup in december 2009
    Got fillings during January 2010
    But they claimed the money from the state in October 2009 and put on the form that all treatment was completed in October
    What they did was enter me in to a contract with the state and they falsified information on that contract.
    That is what dentist in Ireland does with PRSI system due to greed
    Just to add to this I asked the dept to go back 2 year and give me the date when the claim were made and they were all made before treatment was completed.
    I was told by the dental association of Ireland that a dentist can be struck off for doing this also.

Advertisement