Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bargain Petrol Cork

• 10-12-2009 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Just spotted that the filling station at the start of the South Link has not increased his petrol prices.
    Still 115.9 Unleaded

Don't know how long for though.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Saw it when i was leaving town today, pulled in and filled the tank, very strange they havnt adjusted their prices now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭bigron2109

The Petrol Station In Drinagh in Wexford Still has it's petrol at 117.9 as off 5.30pm Tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭marrm

bigron2109 wrote: »
    The Petrol Station In Drinagh in Wexford Still has it's petrol at 117.9 as off 5.30pm Tonight

garages should only raise their prices when they ge a new (higher-priced) load in by tanker, but of course they raise them immediately and pocket the "tax" as extra profit. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I drove down to cork this morning at 5am from Louth, every petrol station had the old price for sale for diesel and petrol.
    Coming back early afternoon every petrol station had the new prices advertised. Hard to believe every one of them had taken delivery during the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sligo Fuels in Sligo still had their unleaded at 116.9 this evening (which was the same price it was 2 weekends ago).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭crazy_spider

The Top station on the roscommon road out of athlone still had petrol at 116.9 and diesel at 107.9 this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭marrm

The Top station on the roscommon road out of athlone still had petrol at 116.9 and diesel at 107.9 this morning

Tesco were ahead of the posse, see today's Indo:

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/budget/news/tesco-admits-upping-price-of-petrol-six-hours-early-1971251.html :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

We queued from upwards of half an hour to get petrol yesterday evening, which would have been fine only after paying I discovered that they had already put the prices up on petrol.

So while he was queing for half an hour he didnt look at the big huge LED Sign displaying the price of petrol, and while he was filling the car he didnt notice the price on the pump. <snip>, he must have known the price but was too lazy to go elsewhere and prob the first to raise a complaint.

Fair enough it was wrong to raise the price but its even stupider of the people who bought the petrol to complain after they failed to notice the price on the big LED signs and the Petrol pump. Tesco could defo fight those refunds if they wanted to but seeing as they already admitted a mistake they cant.

Typical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Why would someone queue an hour to save €2 at the most. I think an hour of my time is worth more than that.
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Hogzy wrote: »
    So while he was queing for half an hour he didnt look at the big huge LED Sign displaying the price of petrol, and while he was filling the car he didnt notice the price on the pump. <snip>, he must have known the price but was too lazy to go elsewhere and prob the first to raise a complaint.

Fair enough it was wrong to raise the price but its even stupider of the people who bought the petrol to complain after they failed to notice the price on the big LED signs and the Petrol pump. Tesco could defo fight those refunds if they wanted to but seeing as they already admitted a mistake they cant.

Typical

I heard it being discussed yesterday on the radio, from what I understood, the price on the LED screen still showed the old price, but it was only when someone looked at the price on the petrol pump that they realised it was different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Jay Dee wrote: »
    Just spotted that the filling station at the start of the South Link has not increased his petrol prices.
    Still 115.9 Unleaded

Don't know how long for though.

It was still the same last night around Louth area - Lowest I seen was in two stations: 103.9 Diesel and 113.9 for Petrol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

for the best prices in petrol stations check out pumps.ie . It lists all the prices of petrol stations all across the country and is updated by all the users. I've been using it for a good while now. Very handy to have a quick check before u head out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Does anyone know when the petrol station pay the excise duty is it on delivery of tank or is it paid when sales are made a kin to cash reciepts vat?

Advertisement