Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa - tricks and advanced skills too hard?

Options
  • 10-12-2009 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

while playing in qualifying season 6 i notice that most although not all players are like me in not using many of the available flicks etc.. stepovers... i'm wondering which fo these people use and are they easier on playstation?... ive got the pro evo button config on fifa as i played pro evo for so long.. i wonder does that hinder attempts at skill moves

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

no its not your pad configuration anyway, my freind does the exact same thing he uses's pes controls as he only converted to fifa last year but it just turned into a habit.

its not that the tricks are hard some of then can be but thats good because its a simulation game so its suppose to be as relistic as possible and a lot of players inc wingers and strikers dont do that much skill when on the ball i.e rooney,torres,valencia,gerrard etc... compared to the exception i.e players who do use skill ronaldo,j cole,robinho,ronaldhino. my point is theres a lot more players who dont use tricks than do use tricks.

one thing i find helps when doing skill moves, consider your postion i.e what direction your facing because what might be one skill when sideways running at a player is differnt say when u face him 1 v 1 say running up the pitch towards the goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Neal_B

just swivel the crap outta of the right stick till something cool happens! The aim is to look good first, win second!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Neal_B wrote: »
    just swivel the crap outta of the right stick till something cool happens! The aim is to look good first, win second!!
    So true. Everyone who do uses these tricks online uses them when the opposition isn't near them so they can look like a ledge while not endangering themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

actually i use the tricks quite a bit, after a bit of practice and judgement they are very useful. I still have a tendency to over use them, but they are really effective for cutting inside from the wing.

Once you know a few tricks you feel more confident that even if you can't pick out a pass you can get out of a tight spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭storybud22

tricks are overused imo. i never use tricks and dont even know how to do them. lot of people in my qualifying league do them and i beat them. they are handy if you are 1000% sure you know what to do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement