Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone outgoing mail server problems

• 10-12-2009 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Hi folks,

During a power outage today (plumbers!) when my Vodafone bewan Modem power cycled, I can no longer send any email from outlook, Internet is fine and i can receive emails without problem.

My settings are:

POP3 : webmail.eircom.net
    SMTP: mail.vodafone.ie

has anyone else experienced any problems or offer any advice? I have reset the modem etc... and the probl;em remains (on multiple machines)

Thanks folks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 GBING

Hi,
    Same problem here. Got on to Vodafone tech support and they couldn't solve it. This has happened a number of times and without warning, it then works.
    Considering going to Eircom if this continues.
    GBING.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭cardol

I have the same problem today. I can receive emails but cannot send any. I get the error message:
    "Socket Error: 10060 , Port: 25, Protocol: SMTP.A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."
    My settings are:
    Incoming: pop.virgin.net
    Outgoing: mail.vodafone.ie
    The Vodafone website seems to be geared for people who have Vodafone Mobile onlyrolleyes.gif.

Also cannot register on the Vodafone Help and Support forum, presumably because I don't have a Vodafone mobile number? The following error message comes up:
    "We're sorry, an error has occurred. Please review the error below
    There was a problem registering your account, please try again later (SRV-REG-02)
    Click Here to go back and try again."

I've posted this on 3 separate threads and still haven't heard anything from Vodafone. Useless.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

Not really a broadband issue. Just change your outgoing mail server.

Thanks PogMoThoin for the help. I don't have a Gmail account and I've just read the link you posted where it says:
    "Gmail automatically rewrites the "from" line of any e-mail you send via their SMTP gateway to your Gmail address, and it overrides any Reply-To settings you may have in your e-mail software in favor of the one in Gmail's web interface."
    The software I use is Incredimail which I pay a yearly subscription for and have used since about 2005. Outlook is also installed as part of MO, so a third email client would be a bit too much.:) But thanks anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 GBING

Hi, Since my original post, Tech support in Vodafone solved my problem by changing my router settings as we were with BT Ireland which was taken over by Vodafone. However, the same problem has come back yesterday. I have been on to Vodafone Tech support twice but they can't fix it and tell me they are checking it further.
    I suggest to anyony suffering this problem to contact tech support (1907)and demand a resolution. Failing that, they should make partial refund for loss of service.
    GBING.

Yeah, good idea, but I hate dialling 1907 as it's very hard to speak to someone. I spend more time on hold than actually speaking to anyone when I call them.:(

Was finally able to send my email today (just now, in fact) but have not had any response from anyone from Vodafone on the Vodafone thread about this issue.:rolleyes:

Advertisement