Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Koni STR-T and insurance

• 10-12-2009 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

So my STR-T kit finally arrived the other day and its being fitted next week, just in time for a trip to Kerry. I'm not expecting wonders but fairly certain that combining the new shocks with TT bushings should make the car more responsive when initiating the turn.
    I rang the insurance to get let them know that ill be installing the parts, wanted to find out what the damage would be. Told them that the shocks are stiffer and not stock. Here comes the weird thing, they didn't want anything for the upgrade.... All they wanted to know is if there was an increase in power... Which there isn't.
    My buddy has a Golf as well, and he's making the same type of upgrade....the same insurance company (Quinn) wants 90ish euro from him :confused:
    Any one has any idea why they'd want money of him and not from me?
    Not that im complaining by the way...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Most places won't charge you for non-power gain modifications, quinn being the exception

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭retrothis

Yeah...well thats what strange about it...Quinn are charging him 90 euro for the shocks and springs...nothing for his larger brakes (315 front ??) and 18" alloys. When I rang quinn they didn't want any money from me yet my upgrade is similar. Although no lowering springs for me or 18" wheels...
    Anyway, the car went in today to get those fitted, will pick it up later in the evening...

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭retrothis

So..I've had the Koni shocks and the Audi TT bushings installed a few days now. The car hasn't really seen any real twysty corners (that'll happen on sat), but my first impressions are good. It does feel a lot more planted and somehow more "surefooted" on the road. The shock rebound is a great improvement on the worn stocks, so when you hit a pothole while cornering the outside wheel doesn't skip and fly of the tarmac so much any more. I also do not need to correct the steering input, comfortably holds its line, which is pleasant. The steering responce has also increased (don't get me wrong..its not a "Focus" but a great improvement on stock Golf suspension).
    The change in ride comfort is barely noticible (for those who care about that sort of thing).

Advertisement