Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK issues new guidance on labelling of food from illegal Israeli settlements

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I am well aware of that and do not condone either side doing that.

My point is that it is happening.

You seem to only have a issue with 1 side, as you only mentioned there violence, while ignoring the others, but at the end of the day, what does the actions of Hamas have to do with illegal settlements and labeling there products correctly? I don't see the connection, as the illegal settlements predate the very existence of Hamas. Are you trying to use Hamas violence to excuse Israel's illegal land grabs or something, which doesn't work because as I pointed out earlier the illegal settlements predate the existence of Hamas.

Do you have a issue with this labeling? All the UK are doing is forcing the labeling of products correctly and you seem intent on discussing everything but the topic at hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I for one won't be buying Palestinian produce while they indiscriminately shower rockets at Israel.

Good move by Britain.Now at least we can make judgments.

You should read my posts which will answer your question,and avoid false accusations.

Exiting from thread as will be accused of dragging it off topic...sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭Rondolfus

http://www.hrw.org/en/news/2009/08/06/gazaisrael-hamas-rocket-attacks-civilians-unlawful

Hmm.... have to say if I was under that kind of stress I wouldn't be too well disposed to Hamas either.

Firing at civilians!!!

How do they expect sympathy??
    And of course the Israeli's would never fire on civillians :rolleyes:
    The reality of the situation is that Palestine has been destroyed. It was destroyed so that the Europeans could ease their Holocaust guilt. It was destroyed so that these same countries wouldn't have to accommodate millions of Jewish refugees post WW2. It was destroyed because extremists used religion to justify stealing land. The Palestinians were innocent victims. They paid the price for the Holocaust so that the rest of the world wouldn't have to.
    Since they were driven from their land in 48 to make way for the American military outpost aka "Israel", their suffering has only worsened. Pushed into the west Bank and Gaza strip, they are basically living in an open prison, completely at the mercy of Israeli soldiers aged between 18 and 21, and crazy gun totting racist settlers (some came all the way from Brooklyn :rolleyes:) who steal what land they have left and burn their olive groves.
    Practically every Palestinian has family members that have been killed by Israeli soldiers or settlers. Many live in poverty, under constant fear of settler gangs (protected by soldiers) who attack (and indeed kill ) them and destroy their property on a regular basis. The historic city of Bethlehem (Like the rest of the West Bank) is now split by a wall, which not only destroyed the city but has put a halt to any chance of Palestinians running a successful business there. The wall and settler enclaves ensure that a viable state for the Palestinians is now IMPOSSIBLE!!
    They have absolutely no hope. Nobody will seriously talk to them, least of all the Israelis. All the while, settlements continue to force them off their land. This is ETHNIC CLEANSING pure and simple. Yet what do people like you do??? Do they speak out against these injustices??? No, they bash the Palestinians even more for having the audacity to fight for their survival. The rockets are futile in terms of military campaign (as the death toll highlights) however; they don't have the million dollar "precision" weapons that America and Britain provide Israel with. The rockets are more of an act of defiance and a call for Help from the international community. A call that is being ignored. Whether you agree with the "rockets" is irrelevant, but you shouldn't allow it to overshadow the important issue here i.e. that the Palestinians are in a truly desperate situation and Israel and America are directly responsible for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

You should read my posts which will answer your question,and avoid false accusations.

Ok, so what was the point of posting the HRW link then? That doesn't seem to have anything to do with this decision.

Now you seem intent on talking about Hamas rockets attacks, which are of course abhorrent, but they have nothing to do with this decision, so it seemed to me you want to avoid talking about the actual issue.

Advertisement