Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cancel and switch broadband?

• 10-12-2009 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

I am using eircom 3mb broadband and this was start form 2004
    after that 12 months contract eircom didnt info me about re-sign or do anything about the contract.
    so i just keep using it and paid the bill every 2 months.

now i am thinking about to change to upc

here is the question

if i dont cancel the eircom bb after that 12 months contract, is that mean I just keep automatically re-sign the contarct again and again? if i cancel now will i have to pay the canceling fee?

anyone know how long will it take to switch eircom to upc?

well remember back to 2004 i moved the house and wait a month for eircom to give me the broadband. at the time i was using 56k for a month! just hope switching to upc dont need to wait too long...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It roles on, on a month by month basis. You give 30 days notice to eircom now, no more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

yy885 wrote: »
    anyone know how long will it take to switch eircom to upc?

well remember back to 2004 i moved the house and wait a month for eircom to give me the broadband. at the time i was using 56k for a month! just hope switching to upc dont need to wait too long...

Eircom and UPC use completely different technologies and infrastructure to deliver broadband. Eircom uses the telephone cable whereas UPC uses the cable tv infrastructure.

So the best thing to do is to order the UPC broadband and have it installed and then cancel Eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭yy885

anyone have the eamil address that can contact to upc customer services?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,548 ✭✭✭weisses

yy885 wrote: »
    anyone have the eamil address that can contact to upc customer services?

Do you want me to chew your food for ya as well ?? ..... ffs

http://www.upc.ie/customersupport/

Advertisement