Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Western Rail Corridor (all disused sections)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hugh Jampton

Wagon360 wrote: »
    I must find out how I can contact the anti-cycling element of West on Track. You make them sound like a dark, evil octopus with many tentacles! :p

Maybe there is a lair that looks like Shepperton Studio somewhere with a scarred mysterious leader with a white Persian cat on his knee :pac:

What's the maximum page count for a thread, anyway? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Wagon360

What's the maximum page count for a thread, anyway? :D

Don't know, is there a maximum page count?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Don't know, is there a maximum page count?

Threads get closed around 10k posts. So maximum pages will be 10k divided by the minimum posts per page.

Threads get closed around 10k posts. So maximum pages will be 10k divided by the minimum posts per page.

So only another 1124 posts left before this thread closes? This thread could be gone within a month so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭eastwest

I must find out how I can contact the anti-cycling element of West on Track. You make them sound like a dark, evil octopus with many tentacles! :p

Excellent diversion!

eastwest wrote: »
    Excellent diversion!

I aim to please :)

So only another 124 posts left before this thread closes? This thread could be gone within a week so.

A bit like the argument for trains!

Or Greenways instead of trains, all depends on your personal preference I guess.

Does anybody have pictures of the last rail tours that went on the WRC between Athenry and Claremorris? Certainly Westrail were active many years ago.

• Advertisement

I reckon less than 4 years before I'm cycling on this route. Quite looking forward to it

I reckon less than 4 years before I'm cycling on this route. Quite looking forward to it

I reckon in four years time they'll be turning the sod for GLUAS in Galway before there'll be a cycleway over the railway. Quite looking forward to that :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭westtip

They are not that important, in fact I would say for most of the body politic outside of Mayo county council planning and management executive and a few West of Ireland TDs still aspiring to be all things to all men they are a complete irrelevance. I would say that is also supported by the way official strategic documentation is now being written, as already referred to in previous posts the Ireland 2040 strategy and the North West Assembly Issues document for public consultation as part of the Ireland 2040 project, in which the western rail corridor has seemingly, a bit like West on Track been consigned to history.

westtip wrote: »
    They are not that important, in fact I would say for most of the body politic outside of Mayo county council planning and management executive and a few West of Ireland TDs still aspiring to be all things to all men they are a complete irrelevance. I would say that is also supported by the way official strategic documentation is now being written, as already referred to in previous posts the Ireland 2040 strategy and the North West Assembly Issues document for public consultation as part of the Ireland 2040 project, in which the western rail corridor has seemingly, a bit like West on Track been consigned to history.

Well if they and the wrc aren’t all that important and consigned to history why are Greenway supporters posting about them constantly? It might be pointed out that West on Track never make any posts about you...

Oh and thanks for the steer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭westtip

I reckon in four years time they'll be turning the sod for GLUAS in Galway before there'll be a cycleway over the railway. Quite looking forward to that :p

Don't give up the day job Hugh, you are never going to make it as a stand up comedian! :D

Don't give up the day job Hugh, you are never going to make it as a stand up comedian! :D
    In fairness, I thought it was pretty funny!

To quote Bob Monkhouse, ‘They all laughed when I told them I was going to be a comedian. They’re not laughing now’

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Muckyboots

I think you mean the Tuam area rapid transport - "TART". Everyone loves a Tuam tart.

Muckyboots wrote: »
    I think you mean the Tuam area rapid transport - "TART". Everyone loves a Tuam tart.

To be linked with Claremorris Area Rapid Transit..

I'll get me coat. :pac:

Muckyboots wrote: »

No truth in the rumour that it might be extended to Foxford?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Does anybody have pictures of the last rail tours that went on the WRC between Athenry and Claremorris? Certainly Westrail were active many years ago.

Whats westrail?

Whats westrail?

A railway hobby group from back in the 1980s.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Classic - people posting in this thread - one who's never heard of Westrail and the other who has invented a new word for a railway preservation society. :D

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Classic - people posting in this thread - one who's never heard of Westrail and the other who has invented a new word for a railway preservation society. :D

It's shocking. Fierce shortage of anoraks altogether.

I've never heard of it either - I didn't realise that there were qualifications required to contribute.

I try to be positive about things and try to see the opportunities but your attitude will alienate people, harden opposition to an expansion of the WRC and reinforce stereotypes of the WRC supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

you're a dinosaur Del Monte...me too.... :-(

Any sign of issue no 4 of Travellers Fare yet? :p

eastwest wrote: »
    It's shocking. Fierce shortage of anoraks altogether.

Well between anoraks and age-inappropriate lycra.. :D

And its post 9000 - :eek: (not my post 9000 though)

What do ye reckon will happen before post 9,999 and the lock? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

More pedantism

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement