Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterproof tan boots

Options
  • 10-12-2009 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at a complete Multicam loadout in the near future and to complete the head to toe loadout I need tan boots (black boots + Multicam = FAIL).

There are many tan boots on the market, but I'm after waterproofed ones like Goretex. I've come across Belleville 590 boots (US Marine Corp use them) from many sites in the states, but are there others available locally like the Magnums?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

get meindel deasert eagles,,,,,,,,, very comfortable and hard wearing and goretex lined,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

thermo wrote: »
    get meindel deasert eagles,,,,,,,,, very comfortable and hard wearing and goretex lined,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks thermo, I'm looking into them now

Magnum Spider boots-are they waterproof? Masada, I know you have a pair. :)

scanlant wrote: »
    Thanks thermo, I'm looking into them now

Magnum Spider boots-are they waterproof? Masada, I know you have a pair. :)

they are not! :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Not if you stand in the water for a minute or two, but in getting a proper dip the water doesnt get in., their great boots and pretty cheap too, i think they can be had for about 60-80 quid., the only one thing i would say bad about them is, playing in muddy conditions in swede material boots, the muck sticks and the boots get really heavy., but they are supposed to be for the dessert so meh., :)

Protac seem to have Spiders in stock at 99 euro. Might pop in next week on the way to Dublin.

I can't find any other stockists on the net that are cheaper landed that actually have them in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Theres a new version of the Magnum boot out called ION mask series in standard black and tan spiders and elite 900's that are 100% waterproof
    for roughly the same price ,

Gatling wrote: »
    Theres a new version of the Magnum boot out called ION mask series in standard black and tan spiders and elite 900's that are 100% waterproof
    for roughly the same price ,

Thanks Gatling, I'll look into that.

Magnum Spiders are in No.1 Win position atm, but I won't get them until I assess all options as is my modus operandi.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

spray paint the boots tan with airsoft gun spray paint, probably not a favoured option =P but a team mate of mine has done that and it has worked aces, so if you have boots already, give that a shot so that extra money is not spent =)
    xXx

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I have a pair of black Meindel Eagles and they're comfy wih very little break-in time if at all. Got mine int he great outdoors for about €150?

I should imagine that the desert eagles are the tan version of same.

• Advertisement

thermo wrote: »

Nice one thermo, thanks.

A place that finally has them in stock, I was looking for a store for the last couple of days but they were all oos.

Free shipping to Ireland too. Sweet.

Advertisement