Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now for the next lot.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭frman

Why is there talk of who is next ?

Surely we should finish with the Public Servants before we move on.

Reform the PS and smash the unions.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The starting salary for a non-graduate recruit in the banks is less than 20k iirc.

The graduate program starts at something like 25k.

Contrast those with equivalent PS jobs and you'll find they're much lower paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 koplegend

frman wrote: »

The more you take off public sector the less will be spent meaning more jobs lost. People like you just dont get it.
    As a PS employee on the average wage I have cut back on all spending. Whereas I used to have lunch in a local cafe I now dont do this. When buying a major item like furniture, tv I look north. I buy all my books from Amazon.
    If you people like you persist with this idiotic attitude it merely serves as an inspiration to people like me in a similar position and gives me a sense of enjoyment and an added allegiance to my union.
    Walk on !!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 koplegend

Havin a great time spending my hard earned here in Belfast.
    Wow, what savings! How silly of me not to have been doing this all along.
    When they hit the minimum wage next budget, you wont be able to stop the exodus North.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭gerry28

Bitter talk... the war goes on in your eyes then.

What can you do to reform the PS and smash the unions other than rant on an internet forum?

Reform will only happen with the cooperation of the public servants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

and smash the unions.
    :rolleyes: Silly comments like that give you no credibility. The right to form/join a trade union is enshrined in Article 40 of the Constitution.

Do you think we should 'smash' the tri-colour or the presidency also? :rolleyes:
    Dr Phil wrote:
    ]Yeah, maybe it's time to talk about the loaded builders, who used to screw us for years, getting incredible money for carrying a bucket of sand from one side of the site to another??
    In fairness, when people refer to the 'builders', they are talking about developers not the lads actually working on the building sites.

Advertisement