Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now, What Will You Do With All That Anger, Indignation, Energy

Options
  • 10-12-2009 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭

After expounding your energy, time, and ANGER over the last couple of weeks on here over the Budget and the general economic situation will anyone do any of the following:

-contact a political party, TD etc
    -join a political party
    -other

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Will you fight?

"No! We will run! And we will live"

Oh you see where Im going with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Overheal wrote: »
    Will you fight?

"No! We will run! And we will live"

Oh you see where Im going with this.
    "ye wha Gay?"

imme wrote: »
    "ye wha Gay?"
    I dont follow. Unless youre trying to refer to me as a homosexual. (that would be a No)

I dont follow. Unless youre trying to refer to me as a homosexual. (that would be a No)
    the 'G' was capitalised.
    the term "ye wha Gay" comes from the olden days, it means What?

the 'G' was capitalised.
    the term "ye wha Gay" comes from the olden days, it means What?
    Oh... :confused: anyway,

The start of the speech was
    I am William Wallace, and I see a whole

army of my countrymen here in defiance of tyranny. You have come

to fight as free men, and free men you are. What will you do with
    that freedom? Will you fight?

Veteran soldier: Fight against that? No, we will run, and we will live.
    so I guess you didnt actually know where I was going with that. But your thread reminded me of Braveheart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Oh dear, I feel so very old...

Oh... :confused: anyway,

The start of the speech was
    so I guess you didnt actually know where I was going with that. But your thread reminded me of Braveheart.
    Braveheart ok, but I'm no Wallace.:D
    the quote "ye wha Gay" was from Gay Byrne, TV/Radio personality (you've heard of him, right), anyway on his show he used to say "ye wha Gay" for emphasis or to make a point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I'm off to the pub.. didn't ya hear - cheaper pints?!!

(Moved to AH)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

I plan on eating muesli - the roughage helps one's digestion.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

I also plan on maybe moving this to AH...but the OP's question is actually a political one.

Scofflaw wrote: »
    I plan on eating muesli - the roughage helps one's digestion.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

I also plan on maybe moving this to AH...but the OP's question is actually a political one.
    c'est a vous, as they say

*wonder what ever happened to Book Burning thread*:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Hmmm.I do wonder what the Unions will do with no public sympathy.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Hmmm.I do wonder what the Unions will do with no public sympathy.
    why not start a thread on that topic;)
    do you want to answer the question on this one

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

why not start a thread on that topic;)
    do you want to answer the question on this one

You should have excluded them then!

Can you state the T&C's now, please, not in small print preferably.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    You should have excluded them then!

Can you state the T&C's now, please, not in small print preferably.
    Maybe I should have excluded the unions from the thread, is that what you mean?

yeah, there is an 'other' option in my first post on this thread alright. But does your statement, "I wonder what the unions will do without public sympathy now" constitute an other, or an argument or suggestion. To me it's more of a statement, no?

The whole purpose of the thread is to wonder if people should get involved (politically, that is) instead of or in conjunction with posting here. Maybe some feel posting here, is getting involved.

Maybe I should have excluded the unions from the thread, is that what you mean?

yeah, there is an 'other' option in my first post on this thread alright. But does your statement, "I wonder what the unions will do without public sympathy now" constitute an other, or an argument or suggestion. To me it's more of a statement, no?

The whole purpose of the thread is to wonder if people should get involved (politically, that is) instead of or in conjunction with posting here. Maybe some feel posting here, is getting involved.

Sufficient unto the anger is the venting thereof...

gnomically,
    Scofflaw

Scofflaw wrote: »
    Sufficient unto the anger is the venting thereof...

gnomically,
    Scofflaw
    are you from Zurich?;)
    Where does anger get you, in general. When one has vented one's anger is there nothing left. Have the people got more anger?

As someone who has seen a sufficient amount of budgets, elections & referendums go by, I am neither angry, indignant nor energised. It's all pretty much par for the course.

As someone who has seen a sufficient amount of budgets, elections & referendums go by, I am neither angry, indignant nor energised. It's all pretty much par for the course.
    you could change things *belgrade;)

are you from Zurich?;)
    Where does anger get you, in general. When one has vented one's anger is there nothing left. Have the people got more anger?

Anger doesn't get you anywhere, really. Sometimes what's left over after you've finished being angry is more worthwhile.

The sad thing is that this isn't the budget to get angry about - it's the natural result of budgets that people were very glad about, but which were a really bad idea.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

you could change things *belgrade;)

I said that I was not angry, indignant or energetic about the budget. That doesn't mean that I have not tried, am trying or have tried to change things. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I did run, and I am living.

It is pleasant, when the sea is high and the winds are dashing the waves about, to watch from the shores the struggles of another - Lucretius

The energy is still around and very much in evidence if the number of posts dealing with the Public Service is anything to go by.

Well, what will you do with all this energy. Anything constructive????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Múinteoir

The energy is still around and very much in evidence if the number of posts dealing with the Public Service is anything to go by.

Well, what will you do with all this energy. Anything constructive????

Why would they want to do anything constructive when instead they can stay here and be an.....

Success-Kid-INTERNET-TOUGH-GUY.jpg

thanks for the poster Múinteoir. :D
    But maybe the energetic posters on here might like to tell us all what they intend to do now, will they use their anger energy in a constructive way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

thanks for the poster Múinteoir. :D
    But maybe the energetic posters on here might like to tell us all what they intend to do now, will they use their anger energy in a constructive way?

Why? Can't I come here to express my opinion and interact with other posters, and read opinions and insights without the need to justify it to you?

For all your complaining about public service bashing, what are you doing about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭SLUSK

People will vote Fianna Fail and it's back to business as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I've posted on this before... I'll continue to be angry that there's nothing I can constructively do about the mess this country is in short of committing mass murder.

It takes special people to change countries. Yes, us ordinary folk have to get behind them but in order for us to have a peaceful revolution where the Dail is taken back and massively reformed by sensible, intelligent people who aren't just in it for themselves we need the people to put in there. I've looked around for a few years now and I'm not seeing anyone that fits the description putting themselves forward. Declan Ganley? Pull the other one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

I'd like to think in a few years time - or maybe next year when I no longer have a job - I might get involved in politics and eventually take over the country. I would make everything great and it would become a green Utopia.

Obviously not going to happen! On a serious note, I would at a later point think I might get into politics but honestly I think I'm too honest and don'thave enough self-interest. And I'm not being either funny or sarcastic about that. Right now I'll continue working, hope I can get a job in the new year sometime that will allow me to have my life back (ie something a little less than 50 + hours a week) and hope that in the further future I won't end up in a situation where I'd lose my house.

I think the anger around here is dissipating a bit - there are less threads being started about how much we all hate the PS and how dare they not take pay cuts. We're beginning to get bored listening to it - well I am, anyway!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

What's the maximum practical age for joining a political party? I ask because whenever you read a politician's bio, it always mentions that he joined the party at a young age, maybe 20, because his Da and Granda were in it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement