Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I liable to take a pay reduction? Contract Worker in Public Service Setting

Options
  • 10-12-2009 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I wonder if anybody can help me... I'm on a two-year contract with an organisation that is largely comprised of civil servants. Will I have to take a pay reduction?

I don't have security of tenure like my colleagues do, nor do I benefit from additional benefits like pension contributions etc. Plus I took a huge pay reduction already when I accepted this job (after loosing my original to the previous budget).

I would be grateful if someone could advise me - or even steer me towards a state service that might be able to answer my query.

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Is yours a contract of service (only you can do the work) or a contract for services (anyone in your firm can do the work)?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭KATM

Hi there,

Thanks for your response.

I'm not exactly sure whether I'm considered to be on a contract of service or a contract for services. I've looked through my contract (which is quite vague) and it doesn't specify.

It does however state that my post is externally funded and that I'm not eligible to be on the organisations pension scheme. I also know that I am covering for someone who's on secondment for a three-year period. Do these help answer the question???

Thanks... KATM

Advertisement