Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Moratorium

• 10-12-2009 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

It looks like the moratorium on employment won't be lifted for another year at the very least. If you're out of a job come June or will be a graduate, what will you do?

Emigrate
    Hold out for temp/maternity work
    Haven't decided yet

If you're planning on emigrating, where to and why?

Personally, I reckon sticking around hoping to fill maternity leave positions is quite risky because of the level of competition for these jobs. So I'm looking at moving to the UK for a year. I don't know where exactly yet though. Quite dismayed at the whole thing to be honest, but needs must and all that jazz...

Moratorium: If you're out of a job come June or will be a graduate, what will you do? 5 votes

Go abroad
    0% 0 votes
    Hold out for temp/maternity leave jobs
    100% 5 votes
    Haven't decided yet
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Eh, I thought the moratorium was just on promotional posts. Teachers are still being hired on yearly contracts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭niall3r

Graduating this year, hopefully, and planning on moving to England.
    I reckon with about 1,000 new teachers entering the market this year on top of those who didnt get jobs last year that the competition for jobs here will be fierce. I know that someone has to get the positions that will be advetised and that everyone has a chance but that no consolation for the amount of people I know who graduated last year and have been spending most of their time on the scratcher.

Advertisement