Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learn to make Pizza's??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭LK1

This is my favourite Italian Pizza recipe I got the base from one and toppings from another.

The Dough (this makes enough for 2 large pizza bases-use one and cover other in cling film in fridge for another day. Second batch will rise in fridge. Just dust it with flour when you are using it again)

1 tbsp sugar
    1 tbsp salt
    Just under a pint of warm water
    700g of strong white flour for dough and dusting.
    2 sachet's of dried yeast

Add the salt to your flour and make a well on a flat surface.
    Add the sugar and yeast to your warm (not Hot) water and stir for a minute. Add the mix into the well a few drips at a time scooping a little flour with a fork in as well.
    This makes a sloppy mix, lift it out of the well of flour and leave to the edge repeating.
    So you should end up with a sloppy warm soft readybrek mixture, add more flour working with your hands till it starts to come together. Dust with flour and wrap in cling film and leave to one side. If you have mates coming over leave them in the fridge after 15 mins and just take them out to roll when they come over.

The Tomato Sauce (as above makes enough for 2 pizzas)

A can of plum tomatoes
    Handful of fresh basil finely chopped
    1-2 garlic cloves
    Salt & Pepper to taste

Blend all of the ingredients together in processer

The Toppings

With toppings less is better

80g buffalo mozzarella 80g buffalo mozzarella
    1 large red pepper 1 large red pepper
    50g goats cheese or Breast of chicken with Cajun
    10 slices chorizo spices or other
    10 slices pepperoni Sliced red onion
    Sliced chili pepper jalapeno peppers

Roast the red pepper in the oven on a tray at high heat 240 until it begins to blacken
    Tear the mozzarella ball by hand into ¾ inch chunks
    Cut the goats cheese into ½ inch pieces

Now the real secret is tin foil. when you are ready to cook turn the oven up to full (250c or as high as it will go and let it heat up well), roll out your pizza and take some olive oil and sprinkle it onto foil 1/3 bigger than your pizza. Rub it into the foil with your hand and then carefully transfer the pizza base to it. The Pizza

Flatten out the dough to make thin pizza base disc. (13 in).
    With ladle pour on tomato sauce to centre and use ladle to spread it out. It is important not to use too much sauce or it will make base soggy, just enough so that you can see base underneath.

Add toppings beginning with the red pepper, then the cheeses, then the rest.
    Use chopping board that I use under the foil to take it to the oven because otherwise things can get sloppy. Slip it into the lowest rack of the oven and let it go. Watch for the edges browning and curling. It will take 10 mins + approx. You can throw on some garnish(basil, coriander) when it’s done if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Flamed diving...the pizza stone I got was in drogheda in Boots.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I might look into getting one of those stones. I made some pizza again tonight and the base was quite soft, though not underdone so it was still tasty. I'm guessing the heat didn't quite go all the way through so maybe 180C is a bit on the low side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭hedgeh0g

gonker wrote: »
    Flamed diving...the pizza stone I got was in drogheda in Boots.

Boots the chemist?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I might look into getting one of those stones. I made some pizza again tonight and the base was quite soft, though not underdone so it was still tasty. I'm guessing the heat didn't quite go all the way through so maybe 180C is a bit on the low side.

180 sure is a bit low.
    As high as your oven will go is almost hot enough for pizza.

• Advertisement

Yes boots the chemist. Bought myself another one yesterday!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭hedgeh0g

gonker wrote: »
    Yes boots the chemist. Bought myself another one yesterday!!!

I dont see it anywhere on www.boots.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

hedgeh0g wrote: »
    I dont see it anywhere on www.boots.com

If it's the same one I got it was part of their Christmas gift range so it wouldn't be online anymore. If there's a big Boots anywhere near you all the Christmas sets are half price at the moment, I got the pizza stone and it was €10, bargain! Have had the best pizza ever off it. If you're in Dublin Boots in Jervis had heaps of them still there this weekend

If it's the same one I got it was part of their Christmas gift range so it wouldn't be online anymore. If there's a big Boots anywhere near you all the Christmas sets are half price at the moment, I got the pizza stone and it was €10, bargain! Have had the best pizza ever off it. If you're in Dublin Boots in Jervis had heaps of them still there this weekend

Thats it. Really good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Made myself my first ever home made pizza tonight. I must say it was fecking delicious. It was a lot easier than i thought it was going to be. I didnt have the dough thrown around the room or anything cool like that bt it worked out grand. Another one tomorrow :P :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Great stuff, it's a satisfying moment! I just ordered a pizza stone from amazon, £7.99 if anyone's interested. Have to say I can't wait to see if it works as well as people say.

I must get one of them stones tomorrow actually. Heard great things about them :)

anyone know how to make the little meat balls that dominos have on their pizzas?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Freeshack

In case anyone is interested, there's a short "how-to" on my blog - hopefully you'll find it useful: http://www.chilliandchocolate.com/pizza-perfection/

Hey just wanted to say thanks, made pizza last night following your recipe and it was absolutely fantastic.
    I've only started cooking in the last week and this was so simple.

Advertisement