Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football pictures people like

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

daftrangersfanscq1.jpg

scotlands-shame.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Dub13 wrote: »
    I hope this thread is not going to be used as a troll tool and anytime a team has a bad result this thread is dragged back up.

Its a good idea for a thread lets not turn it nasty.

Agreed, but I can see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

I hope this thread is not going to be used as a troll tool and anytime a team has a bad result this thread is dragged back up.

Maybe get them to give a reason why they like the picture?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

FA-Cup-gallery-8e6c0757-e36f-477d-b42d-f5acbbc43322.jpg

Well, when nothing is said or done when a Liverpool fan posts the above - what do you really expect? Is it all fun and games until it is liverpool getting poked at? Unsurprising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Mods and posters alike embarrassing themselves here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

striscionicmroma01.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Yeah this thread has totally run its course at this stage.

Some of the recent stuff is just childish and tbh, a bit retarded. Showing a picture of someone just because they scored a goal the previous day is baffling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

CiaranC wrote: »
    This thread was started as "Iconic Football Photos". If the mods want to change it into a load of barstoolers posting pictures of whoever beat Manchester or Liverpool the previous day, they should start their own crappy thread instead of ruining other peoples

Yawn zzzzzzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

ah the usual sh!te. as soon as you do something the pool fans don't like the thread should be locked/has become childish/you know nothing about anything...

yawn.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Well, when nothing is said or done when a Liverpool fan posts the above - what do you really expect? Is it all fun and games until it is liverpool getting poked at? Unsurprising.

I did not see that post.

No action has been taken on any post here with one understandable exception.I was just thinking out loud,people say the mods sometimes act to fast here is a prime example that some posters are starting to use a thread to lightly troll.If we keep going down this road I can see it ending with the thread been closed which would be a shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

iregk wrote: »
    ah the usual sh!te. as soon as you do something the pool fans don't like the thread should be locked/has become childish/you know nothing about anything...

yawn.

No. This thread title from the OP was started as a very good thread, 'Iconic images of football'. It then changed title and people could post any oul sh1te, should have been left the way it was or the innevitable happens and it becomes a big dick swinging contest. Initially i really liked this thread but now its full of bollix that i can find in 'todays newspaper'. The whole thread has lost any appeal it once had because imo, it is just on the road to being used as a tool to wind folk up. I dont, for one second want to be seen as backseat modding, but i think a rethink could be done on whats allowed within the thread. When the thread started it was very amicable from all quarters, it has now been diluted which is a big shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭budgemook

daithijjj wrote: »
    No. This thread title from the OP was started as a very good thread, 'Iconic images of football'. It then changed title and people could post any oul sh1te, should have been left the way it was or the innevitable happens and it becomes a big dick swinging contest. Initially i really liked this thread but now its full of bollix that i can find in 'todays newspaper'. The whole thread has lost any appeal it once had because imo, it is just on the road to being used as a tool to wind folk up. I dont, for one second want to be seen as backseat modding, but i think a rethink could be done on whats allowed within the thread. When the thread started it was very amicable from all quarters, it has now been diluted which is a big shame.

Agreed, As soon as the title of the thread changed I stopped looking. Except right now of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

There should be three threads.

An iconic pic thread
    A WUM pic thread (does what it says on the tin)
    A MCFC pic thread (So Xavi can split this thread into pieces and not be accused of bias)

There should also be rules, e.g. no (unique) pic no comment on the WUM thread.

:)

I agree this thread has lost direction and would be open to the idea of a proper iconic pic thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

astrofool wrote: »
    There should be three threads.

An iconic pic thread
    A WUM pic thread (does what it says on the tin)
    A MCFC pic thread (So Xavi can split this thread into pieces and not be accused of bias)

There should also be rules, e.g. no (unique) pic no comment on the WUM thread.

:)
    Surely it would be trolling to have a womens underwear model Thread :P (not complaining)

No. This thread title from the OP was started as a very good thread, 'Iconic images of football'...

Listen I agree fully with exactly what you've said. It started out great and has lost its way however I love the way its only no come to a head when we get a Liverpool.

Strangely I didn't see any Liverpool fans complaining or looking for a lock when pictures of John Terry, Ruud Van Nistlerooy, Arsenal loosing, Cheslea loosing, United loosing etc... As soon as one comes in that Pool fans didn't like its game over.

But over all I agree, the thread has lost its way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

I had 3 perfectly good reasons to post that picture of Shane Long, Didn't mean to wind anyone up.
    For the Liverpool fans complaining, It's only a fcuking picture :o.
    Why wouldn't one be happy if there odds in this competition just shortened a bit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Killinator

wallpaper2-1024.jpg

Redzer7 wrote: »
    I had 3 perfectly good reasons to post that picture of Shane Long, Didn't mean to wind anyone up.
    For the Liverpool fans complaining, It's only a fcuking picture :o.
    Why wouldn't one be happy if there odds in this competition just shortened a bit?

Even if you did not mean to bate the Liverpool fans surly you can see how this is open to abuse.

• Advertisement

Listen I agree fully with exactly what you've said. It started out great and has lost its way however I love the way its only no come to a head when we get a Liverpool.

Strangely I didn't see any Liverpool fans complaining or looking for a lock when pictures of John Terry, Ruud Van Nistlerooy, Arsenal loosing, Cheslea loosing, United loosing etc... As soon as one comes in that Pool fans didn't like its game over.

Well herein lies the problem of changing the thread title in the first place, i think alot of folk who used to frequent the thread simply never came back to it shortly after the change and people may have been half expecting a lock because it was only going one way. The reduced traffic in the thread has resulted in anything being allowed in. Its difficult to guage to be honest how you make this thread work from here, for example, i love the pics from the 60's but i also like the jimmy bullard one from the man city game this season.

I dunno, maybe we could have some input from people in-thread and after some common ground is reached Dub13 could delete all our posts?......

I dunno, maybe we could have some input from people in-thread and after some common ground is reached Dub13 could delete all our posts?......

There are nearly 500 posts in this thread.....it would take me way to long to go through it.I think this thread is dead tarnished and a new fresh thread may be the best way to go.

There are nearly 500 posts in this thread.....it would take me way to long to go through it.I think this thread is dead tarnished and a new fresh thread may be the best way to go.

:) Well, i just meant the posts from this point discussing what should/should not be allowed, not the whole thread, but yeah, id agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

You see you have posted what seems like a perfectly reasonable argument and even managed to get yourself thanked a few times but basically what you have written is tripe. I have found five instances in the first few pages where Liverpool fans could get upset and call "game over" as you put it but you have failed to pay them any heed it seems as you bang your, anti Liverpool fan, drum. Your post is rubbish from start to almost finish and the proof of that is right here for anybody who is willing to put in a little effort and find it.

The last line is not complete trash mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

The Start of one of the best goals ever in a European final

Nayim2.gif

The Middle

19950510seaman1.jpg

The End

19950510seaman2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Aye, I agree. The problem is though its the mods like Fish and dub245 coming in and complaining about it only when its Liverpool fans who would be offended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Nayim2.gif

The Middle

19950510seaman1.jpg

The End

19950510seaman2.jpg

Nayiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim!!!!!!
    :(

jasonorr wrote: »
    Nayiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim!!!!!!
    :(

Sorry not a wind up but it has to be one of the best or the best goals to win any Cup final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Sorry not a wind up but it has to be one of the best or the best goals to win any Cup final

Well over it at this stage, think I had a little cry that day...was only 10 though so, it's ok!

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Aye, I agree. The problem is though its the mods like Fish and dub245 coming in and complaining about it only when its Liverpool fans who would be offended.

Nope, the problem is that people like you come on, see a post that you think will wind up your rivals, pay no attention to the rest of the thread and then start slagging off the mods because you have an issue with the warning you received yesterday and want to let off some more steam. Like I said to you in our pm discussion, I suggest that you calm down or you are not long for the soccer forum.

If you wish to question the moderation of the forum, do so in the correct fashion, the next time I see you do so on a thread you will receive an infraction.

Do you think he meant it? :D

Nayim2.gif

The Middle

19950510seaman1.jpg

The End

19950510seaman2.jpg

• Advertisement

no way did he mean that, i think it was just a huff into the box

Nah was joking, I remember it, he looked at the keeps, saw him miles off the line and decided to give it a go.

Just looked again, there was nobody in the box to whack it forward to either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,427 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Man United Treble european style

article-1098722-001858AA00000258-4_468x324.jpg
    Man+Utd+v+Juventus+Ryan+Giggs+equaliser.jpeg
    peruzzi-manutd.jpg
    Roy-Keane-wheels-away-aft-001.jpg
    article-0-04D44274000005DC-550_468x378.jpg
    article-1124722-0019AEE600000258-966_468x366.jpg
    manutd-1999-gallery.jpg
    Solskjaer_245798d.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I posted it is one of the first pages of the thread and I'm an Arsenal fan. It's an iconic picture and I'll never forget where I was when that goal went in. I was an upset 14 year old that night!

And as for the Shane long pics from my fellow gunners fans, give it a rest lads, it's embarrassing.

I posted it is one of the first pages of the thread and I'm an Arsenal fan. It's an iconic picture and I'll never forget where I was when that goal went in. I was an upset 14 year old that night!

And as for the Shane long pics from my fellow gunners fans, give it a rest lads, it's embarrassing.

Sorry did not see it on the 1st page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

okay as pictures go this one is pretty iconic. Charlie george following his goal against the pool in 1971. One of the greatest fa cup goals of all time.

gun__1246863905_ggg20.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

The Wear-Tyne derby last season when we beat The Mags 2-1:

Sunderland+v+Newcastle+United+Premier+League+83lRI_VLzUJl.jpg

Sunderland+v+Newcastle+United+Premier+League+-AmXrbmloXil.jpg

sunderpunch10_516x35_12766a.jpg

Djibril-Cisse-celebrates-v-Newcastle_1384064.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

The Wear-Tyne derby last season when we beat The Mags 2-1
    cool photos , winning a derby game is always special aint it .

cool photos , winning a derby game is always special aint it .

Cheers mate, yeah it sure is. It was the first time in 28 years we had beat them at home too which made it all the more special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Shay Given does not look happy haha!

I remember that game, painful to watch, wouldn't mind newcastle getting Sunderland in the FA cup if both teams get through the 4th round.

I really miss the tyne-wear derby!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

mayordenis wrote: »
    You know I knew that was going to be the picture when I saw this thread up here, you basically embarress yourself.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Hey it's not a foul ref! He got the ball,.......er, balls.

funny_soccer_1.gif

You see you have posted what seems like a perfectly reasonable argument and even managed to get yourself thanked a few times but basically what you have written is tripe.

Yes because thats what my day is all about really. I only post when I think I may get a thanks. Mind you I didn't see you thanking me so I'm crying at present. You've ruined my day.

The fact that you think my post is tripe isn't a surprise, you're one of the biggest cry foul on here when it comes to people getting at Liverpool. While I know my post isn't exactly Shakespeare to call it tripe is pure true to form for you. I expect nothing less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

That Shay Given picture is epic :D

I bet Given didnt even think a second about it when he got home.

Yes because thats what my day is all about really. I only post when I think I may get a thanks. Mind you I didn't see you thanking me so I'm crying at present. You've ruined my day.

The fact that you think my post is tripe isn't a surprise, you're one of the biggest cry foul on here when it comes to people getting at Liverpool. While I know my post isn't exactly Shakespeare to call it tripe is pure true to form for you. I expect nothing less.

Wow, you post rubbish, I call you on it and then you don't agree with me. I am shocked. Interesting that you did not quote the rest of the post, particularly the elements of it that completely sink your argument...

tumblr_kswbqy02Y41qa4rak.jpg

Newcastle+United+v+Sunderland+Premier+League+AP2lMqdypOnl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,427 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

resize+pic+oneteam.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Its looks like the moment he said goodbye to Newcastle

Advertisement