Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

order didnt arrive they said it did

Options
  • 11-12-2009 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

im not sure if this is the right forum but here goes.

i oredered some things from littlewoods :mad: a few months ago, they had just brought in their new delivery service so the parcels are now delivered by courier. anyways i went online to see track my order and it said one item had been delivered, but it hadnt been. i rang littelwoods and they got on to the courier company to see what the problem was. they rang me back and said the rest of my order would be delivered. a few days later the courier rang to find out where the house was and the rest of the order arrived. i rang littelwoods a couple of times to find out when the missing order would be taken off the account and they said that id get forms out blah blah.

was on again earlier and they said now that i have to prove that i didnt recieve it, now i could understand this if i hadnt goen through all i did to get what was left of my order but i dont understand why they didnt sort this out with the company at the time. by the way the parcel was signed for.

anyone any advice on this, i told them they should prove i recieved it and they basiclly said theyll hunt me down for the money. am i fighting a losing battle?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

im not sure if this is the right forum but here goes.

i oredered some things from littlewoods :mad: a few months ago, they had just brought in their new delivery service so the parcels are now delivered by courier. anyways i went online to see track my order and it said one item had been delivered, but it hadnt been. i rang littelwoods and they got on to the courier company to see what the problem was. they rang me back and said the rest of my order would be delivered. a few days later the courier rang to find out where the house was and the rest of the order arrived. i rang littelwoods a couple of times to find out when the missing order would be taken off the account and they said that id get forms out blah blah.

was on again earlier and they said now that i have to prove that i didnt recieve it, now i could understand this if i hadnt goen through all i did to get what was left of my order but i dont understand why they didnt sort this out with the company at the time. by the way the parcel was signed for.

anyone any advice on this, i told them they should prove i recieved it and they basiclly said theyll hunt me down for the money. am i fighting a losing battle?

If they are saying the parcel has been signed for tell them you want to see the signed proof they have to compare your signature to it. That is the only way you can prove you never got the goods. Oldest trick in the book for companies to expect you to prove you didn't receive goods so they don't have to look into it properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭maryjane007

If they are saying the parcel has been signed for tell them you want to see the signed proof they have to compare your signature to it. That is the only way you can prove you never got the goods. Oldest trick in the book for companies to expect you to prove you didn't receive goods so they don't have to look into it properly.

they wouldnt even tell me whose signature they had gotten so i doubt they will let me see it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

they wouldnt even tell me whose signature they had gotten so i doubt they will let me see it

Means they don't have it otherwise why wouldn't they let you see your own signature?

Call them up and tell them no actually demand to see the proof they have that you signed for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭maryjane007

ill try that when my blood pressure has come down a bit

wait til i see the courier its the same fella does the whole area, i bet he wont remember.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Hi maryjane07,

You are not fighting a losing battle at all because ultimately it is up to them to prove you did receive the goods if it comes down to them persuing you a court ( which is the only avenue that can make any kind of enforcement order )

Are Littlewoods claiming that the entire delivery was delivered in the one delivery or on two seperate deliveries ?

Either way you need to write to them now and register the postage detailing the fact that you did not receive the item in question, document the initial phone calls and reports you made to them, mention that the last call made left you being threatened with further action etc, that their stance and threat is unacceptable to you and request the order is cancelled or the item is resent.

Make a payment to cover the amount for the goods already received if you haven't done so already. If not already enclose payment with the registered letter. This is critical to your case if they decide to pursue you at all as you will demonstrate you paid for the goods received, and documented via registered post that you did not receive the disputed item.

If they ever get a debt collection agency involved refer them to this correspondance and say you are happy to see them / Littlewoods in court if and when they decide to. ( They won't go to court but may try a debt collection agency - don't be afraid of these agencies they have no legal authority at all, can't affect your credit ratings etc unless a court case has been taken )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Ask them to provide the proof that the first delivery was received. There should be a signature, just the same as when you received the second consignment.

Advertisement