Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Nokia E63 Debranding

Options
  • 11-12-2009 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,868 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

I've just gotten a Nokia E63 from a guy on adverts, that's currently unlocked but branded with 3's firmware.

I've downloaded Nemesis Service Suite, but when I "scan for device", the last line in the left window reads "->Products Dir('products').......Not Found." - is this something to worry about?

When I then go to "Phone Info" and hit Read, the status bar at the bottom reports "Reading values... Error!"

I'm using NSS v103815 which I think is the latest and chose all the default options during setup.

What am I doing wrong? :) This is a red/ruby E63 (RM-437 E63-1)

Any help much appreciated... Cheers!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Hey all,

I've just gotten a Nokia E63 from a guy on adverts, that's currently unlocked but branded with 3's firmware.

I've downloaded Nemesis Service Suite, but when I "scan for device", the last line in the left window reads "->Products Dir('products').......Not Found." - is this something to worry about?

When I then go to "Phone Info" and hit Read, the status bar at the bottom reports "Reading values... Error!"

I'm using NSS v103815 which I think is the latest and chose all the default options during setup.

What am I doing wrong? :) This is a red/ruby E63 (RM-437 E63-1)

Any help much appreciated... Cheers!!

Is the phone connected in 'pc suite' mode? If not, it won't work.
    Sorry, am away from the pc that has NS on it.

I'll try and check later...while I'm actually looking at it, I might be able to see whatcha doing 'wrong'...

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Dr Rod Doom

Another thing is your Windows version - I was never able to use NSS on my Vista machine. I tried my Netbook with XP and everything worked fine

• Registered Users Posts: 28,868 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Another thing is your Windows version - I was never able to use NSS on my Vista machine. I tried my Netbook with XP and everything worked fine

Oh that might be it then. I'm running Windows 7 on this - but if I remember right I previously changed the code on my 5800 using the same laptop/OS.

The E63 is connected in "PC Suite" mode alright - do I need to close/exit PC Suite itself though? I've tried both ways

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Run it in compatiabilty mode for XP

• Registered Users Posts: 28,868 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Davy wrote: »
    Run it in compatiabilty mode for XP

Did this and it worked! Have just finished the update to the latest firmware. Cheers! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 antiskeptic81

Hey all, I am virtually copying and pasting the oringinal problem, but no one the help so far has worked, please help :)

What am I doing wrong? smile.gif

much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 antiskeptic81

oh im also running xp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Sorry for bringing up an old thread. :o

I have a Black Nokia E63 which I have gotten unlocked from Vodafone Prepay in order to use with O2, however I would like to debrand it.

Can someone confirm for me the following steps are correct? :confused:

In order to change the Product Code, I:

1. Connect phone to the computer in the “PC Suite” mode.
    2. Download Nemesis Service Suite (103815?) and Install (use the default configuration, i.e. just keep clicking next during installation) and run NSS.
    3. Simply click “Scan”
    4. Next click on “Phone Info” situated next to the top left corner.
    5. In the “Phone Info” screen, click “Read” to bring up your current product code, HW version etc.
    6. Next simply click “Enable” next to the product code.
    7. Fill in the desired product code, please make sure you fill in the right product code e.g. filling in a NAM product code when your device is a Euro model can cause serious damage when you update.
    8. Now press “Write”.
    9. Nothing happened, but your product code would changed. To verify hit “Read” once again.
    10. That’s it. You have now changed your product code and can fire up the Nokia Software Updater to get the latest firmware.

For the Product code I have found this "0582369 RM-437 CTR EURO-A Midnight Black 200.21.012" Is it correct or what should it be? :confused:

Do I need to have Nokia PC Suite, etc.. aslo installed? Note I am running Windows 7.

Cheers,
    Eddie

Ok so I have done the above, however I am unable to update to the latest firmware? Nokia OVI Suite updater says no updates are available?

My phone did have the following product code:

0588186 200.21.012 E63-1 RM-437 Vodafone Ireland IE Black V1

I have tried updating to a couple of different product codes via NSS from here:

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87459

I also tried powering on/off, and also did the swtich off and held *+3+call while powering on to reset. Still no luck?

Any ideas? Is there a way to force Nokia updater as it does seem to scan every time?

Got sorted, downloaded the standalone Nokia Software Updater, not the one in the OVI Suite, and it let me update the new firmware. Happy days... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

eddiem74 wrote: »
    Got sorted, downloaded the standalone Nokia Software Updater, not the one in the OVI Suite, and it let me update the new firmware. Happy days... :)

You weren't going to let it bet you :D

Advertisement