Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Could all you guys at Griffith College please answer some of my questions?! Thnx

• 11-12-2009 1:41am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18

Hi, Im thinking of going thr next year to study fashion design and I was just wondering what you all thought of the place?
    Are the clubs well organised?
    Whats the gym like?
    Whats the social life like thr?
    Is thr a good atmosphere?
    What are the lectures like?
    Does anyone do fashion or know someone in fashion, if so whats it like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RCNPhotos

Are the clubs well organised? No

Whats the gym like? Can you really call it a gym?

Whats the social life like thr? Not great, as in don't rely on the college organised buzz, courses tend to make their own, but that's not nessecerily a bad thing.

Is thr a good atmosphere? I'd say so, not really much of an atmosphere really to be fair.

What are the lectures like?
    Does anyone do fashion or know someone in fashion, if so whats it like? I'm not in fashion so can't answer these for you.

Now this does come across as very negative but for me, I like being here cause the people in my course are great. We go out together and all get on well, make our own buzz and I've defo made some mates for life. My lecturers are good, one in particular being f**king fantastic. I'd ring up, get the email for the fashion head and ask about coming in to have a look one day during a lecture etc, see what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭R_overs1

Are the clubs well organised? Probably, don't get drunk and go to one though. Serious freaks in that place.
    Whats the gym like? S to the hit

Whats the social life like thr? Nothing at all expcept the few drinking journos.. watch out for Richie!

Is thr a good atmosphere? it's Ok, alot of D4's, so dont wear a football jersey and tracksuit bottom, or "ew'll be loike, soooa weird looike"

What are the lectures like? Grand, easy. Dont go near Brendan though, he is a ****

Does anyone do fashion or know someone in fashion, if so whats it like? Fashionable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45 Aisling1989

Are the clubs well organised? I havent joined any.. People dont join them.. Cause they're not very good as far as I know
    Whats the gym like? It's awful. Its a couple of machines in a tiny room in a prefab
    Whats the social life like thr? Pretty good
    Is thr a good atmosphere? Yup
    What are the lectures like? The practical lectures are good, the rest are quite boring.. But i guess you'd get that anywhere
    Does anyone do fashion or know someone in fashion, if so whats it like? No.. But I have heard of a group of second year fashion students who couldnt use an iron...

Advertisement