Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Birthdays

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Mine was the 17th, sometimes it's good and sometimes it's crap :o Mum is 29th and brother New Year's Eve so we have a lot of pressies to buy in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

feylya wrote: »
    My birthday is Christmas Day and tbh, I hate it being that day. Can't even go for a pint with my mates cos no where is serving.
    Nicknax wrote: »
    My Birthday is the 25th, I get 2 sets of pressies. Only thing is, I could only have parties the week before Christmas.
    *sigh*
    My birthday is Christmas Day, I shall be 26 next Friday. Whoop-dee-friggin-doo.

I get presents for my birthday from my family, but because there's so many of us (7 kids + parents) we do kris kindle for the Christmas presents.

I don't expect friends to get me 2 presents because money's always tight this time of year. All in all Christmas sucks monkey balls
    olaola wrote: »
    MEMEMEMEE!!

I'm Christmas day - also known as Orlamas day :)
    It's my father in law's bday on Christmas eve.

It does keep Christmas special - I'm 32 this year (eep!) and I'm still as excited about it as ever, and I drag everyone with me!

Hello birthday buddies! :D

(Even the grinchy ones, like Feylya!)

My birthday is the 25th, and this year it's my 30th...

I've always enjoyed it, as my parents always made a clear distinction between the two, the evening of Christmas day was when we celebrated my birthday, the morning was Santa/Christmas/Jeebus celebrations. I've also never minded getting either two presents or one, as those closest to me always got me two, and others got me one, but I always understood, as moneys tight! :)

I feel worse for people with birthdays of Christmas Eve/St. Stephens day (like my youngest brother!), as they don't have their birthdays on the actual day, but still suffer for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

My birthday is today and I love it. It is also my 5th wedding anniversary and I get totally spoiled. Its feels so special and is now a day I can share with my husband.

I always got 2 sets of presents and it was never rolled into one. My parents always made a big fuss and as a kid I was told I was extra special as I was the best christmas present they ever got!!

My mums birthday is the 8 dec and my brother the 9th so we are a christmas family.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Hello birthday buddies! :D

(Even the grinchy ones, like Feylya!)

My birthday is the 25th, and this year it's my 30th...

I've always enjoyed it, as my parents always made a clear distinction between the two, the evening of Christmas day was when we celebrated my birthday, the morning was Santa/Christmas/Jeebus celebrations. I've also never minded getting either two presents or one, as those closest to me always got me two, and others got me one, but I always understood, as moneys tight! :)

I feel worse for people with birthdays of Christmas Eve/St. Stephens day (like my youngest brother!), as they don't have their birthdays on the actual day, but still suffer for it!

Yeah I think it's better to have it on the day, instead of falling either side - they seem to get a raw deal.

olaola wrote: »
    Yeah I think it's better to have it on the day, instead of falling either side - they seem to get a raw deal.

Happy Orlamas/Damomas! :D

• Advertisement

Happy Orlamas/Damomas! :D

I'm getting slightly uncontrollably excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

My birthday is two days before Christmas day and its great! Everyone asks do people not just get you one present but that doesn't happen, they always give two! Its great, also makes Christmas time really exciting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

my bday is on the 6th.............. of february :(

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Nicknax

Happy Birthday to all who celebrate today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Mine is the 30th December. I don't mind it to be honest. Roll in the presents around the end of the month.

One of my friends is 20 today, along with his twin brother. The parents must be screwed for money around December and his sisters is the 27th or 28th. Hard times.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to all you 25thers. Orla, I'm looking at you!

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to all you 25thers. Orla, I'm looking at you!

Hope ye all had a fantastic birthday! Orlamas was fab :) and I love this week of doing N.O.T.H.I.N.G between Christmas & NYE. Luxurious nothingness. Except eating selection boxes.

Some of us are back in work. :(

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'm back in work tomorrow and NYE. Have a horrible feeling I'll have to count and balance 3 ATMs on NYE. Boourns! Happy Birthday to all with festive birthdays! My fiance's sister has her birthday on the 25th, and her BF proposed on Christmas morning too, so it was probably her best birthday/christmas ever! :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

It's like Randal was watching this thread :)

december_25th.png

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Mine is Stephen's Day. My name is Carol Stephanie - how original. My parents used to have my birthday parties on the 26th when I was young, which was nice because they made the effort to make the day special and I'm sure the local parents were delighted to get rid of their kids for the afternoon. Got a lot of 'this is your christmas and birthday' presents over the years wrapped in christmas paper. Not so bothered about it now, just go out with whoever is around on the night as it's a time where people are spending time with family etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭nicegirl

Apparently, according to my parents I was due on Christmas Day, or Stephen's Day, I was born in the new year. I don't really like when my birthday is though, but sure what can ya do! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

Happy birthday to all my fellow Christmas day birthday buds. 30 today.

I posted in this thread 4 years ago about turning 26 :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Happy birthday, Peanut!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Happy birthday to all my fellow Christmas day birthday buds. 30 today.

I posted in this thread 4 years ago about turning 26 :rolleyes:

Same. Spending my 30th in Vegas. Much awesome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Happy Christmas birthday people! Especially my boyfriend and my mam :)

Mine is next week, I'll get lots of presents of the crap people didn't like for Christmas :pac:

Advertisement