Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suggestions for a restaurant open on christmas day 25th for lunch

• 11-12-2009 2:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi,

Two Aussie's here for our first christmas and hoping to go out for christmas lunch.
    We are living in D4 but having no luck with anything open
    I repeatedly find something saying "christmas menu", yet am stifled as it seems many business's are not open on christmas day
    and simply use the word christmas instead of "december menu"

any hints?
    it will need to have seafood and red/white meat options

Thanks in advance for your time

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Hey Anibal. I can't provide much info, but just to say, in Ireland at the least, it's common practice to attach "Christmas" as a prefix to a word if it has anything to do with the Christmas season. Maybe it's different down under. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

I think most of the hotels do a christmas day lunch and dinner.
    I'd say you have to book now though! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭Vic_Mackey

Mona Lisa last year did Christmas lunch on Christmas day, they might be worth a shot.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I know Jimmy Chungs is open for their all you can eat for €25 each and I think they're doing a Christmas type lunch in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

Hotels are the best bet - have been to Berkeley Court for Christmas dinner - pretty good. I'd guess all the hotels in the area will do food at Christmas for residents and non-residents - few/no restaarants will be open.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Anibal5

thanks to all the above
    i have been to 4 hotels in the immediate area including
    Herbert Park Hotel and surprise surprise ... all closed on the 25th

i'm ALL about family on the 25th but as mine is on the other side
    of the world ....

Thank you for Mona Lisa's, I would prefer something a bit more expensive
    but I will keep it in mind. Berkeleys I live across from and as of yesterday, "they are unsure if they will have a public sitting on the 25th"

i am positive still ...

Advertisement