Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent. Deadline Friday 11th Midnight

Options
  • 11-12-2009 3:19am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 137 ✭✭

Pixmania are having a sale! - 5 percent off everything!

I have scrounged the site for parts to build a PC to mess around with. I will literally dabble in a bit of everything - from gaming to extreme office multi - tasking.

How does this sound for less than 700 euro, including shipping, including monitor.

SAPPHIRE TECHNOLOGY Radeon HD4890 - 135
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 - 149
    Corsair CMPSU-650TXEU PC Power Unit - 650 W - 78
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 Hard Drive - 500 GB - 39
    GIGABYTE GA-MA770-UD3 - AM2+/AM2 Socket - 62
    Corsair TWIN2X4096-6400C5 4 GB (2 x 2 GB) - 85
    Viewsonic VA2213w 22" TFT Screen - 115
    ASUS TA-861 PC Tower Case - 27
    Samsung SH-S223C 22x Internal DVD±RW - 18

I think this looks pretty sweet. Will it be easy to put together? Anything I should improve upon - the RAM or the monitor perhaps? How would this overclock? Any extras I should invest in?

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

You should be able to get a better screen for very little more money; a 22" at least, surely...

And that Asus case. Sucks. Supremely. And. Utterly. I know because I'm currently staring at the one under my desk!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

Why did you mispell antec Solitaire? :P

But yeah, other than the case, it looks ok.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 137 ✭✭Pi^2

You should be able to get a better screen for very little more money; a 22" at least, surely...

Whoops! That is a 22 inch monitor. I wrote the price for the 22 and the name of a 20! I'll fix that.
    Sucks. Supremely. And. Utterly.

In what way does it suck?? Too loud. Too small. Too unattractive.

I couldn't care less what it looks like, and as long as its not really loud I'm happy.
    But yeah, other than the case, it looks ok.

I know its not the best thing in the world, but surely its more than okay for the price. Its got the best amd processor, one of the best graphics cards, one of the best PSUs and decent everything else!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/2505458/art/antec/three-hundred-eu.html
    antec 300 for €50

Do not get anything less than this case: pc will be cool and pretty quiet in this case.

Build is fine otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

Pi^2 wrote: »

I know its not the best thing in the world, but surely its more than okay for the price. Its got the best amd processor, one of the best graphics cards, one of the best PSUs and decent everything else!

Well it will run all games silky smooth and you seem to have gotten everything at very good prices, especially for ireland.. the case is the only issue I think

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 137 ✭✭Pi^2

Well it will run all games silky smooth and you seem to have gotten everything at very good prices, especially for ireland.. the case is the only issue I think

Thanks for the comment

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/2505458...undred-eu.html
    antec 300 for €50

Do not get anything less than this case: pc will be cool and pretty quiet in this case.

Build is fine otherwise.

Cheers.

Any other advice before this baby gets ordered tonight?!

Samsung 1Tb F3 instead of the seagate?
    It will be a hell of a lot faster.

Advertisement