Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

60 Jobs at AOL/Talk Talk

• 11-12-2009 4:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭

Was looking at this on the news - great boost for Waterford!!!
    I managed to get an interview myself last Tuesday but didnt hear anything back yet - I know im probably jumping the gun too soon but how quick are aol for making decisions in recruitment?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I have heard cases where some found out the day of interview and others a week or two later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

When I went for my interview 5 years ago, I found out I got the job that day. You will probably be waiting a bit because they probably have had a LOT of people to interview...but why not phone them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ya I thik a week to ten days is more then fair to ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

This is fantastic news!

I can imagine the amount of applicants they will get,

How did you apply for the job? from what i remember Aol dont take physical CV's, just applications from there site, and i found that hard to navigate,

Also are the talk talk jobs being managed by AOL?

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

TalkTalk & AOL all come under Carphone Warehouse. They're all the one. Some agents will take TalkTalk calls, some will take AOL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

i worked for AOL for 4 years and i think i was waiting nearly a month for a call back but that was back in 1999..they've probably moved on since then:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

No need to phone them - unfortunatly im outta luck - oh well :(

Elbows22 wrote: »
    No need to phone them - unfortunatly im outta luck - oh well :(

:( Sorry to hear that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    :( Sorry to hear that.

A cousin of mine got turned down as well, it seems like there is a huge number of applications for these jobs and some of the posts are going to be filled internally anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Paige Turner

I interviewed for a job there in Feb 2009. They phoned me a week later to say I had gotten the job and would start training a couple of weeks later. I was delighted. Date to start training, nothing happened, no call or lettter to say start time or anything. I phoned them and was told the class was cancelled and would be run again in a few weeks time. Again no classes started. Then they advertised they were taking on during the summer, I phoned them up and asked would I be starting with that training class. No, even though I had gotten the job, they were doing more interviews. Now they are taking on again, and still no word. I was lucky to get another job in the mean time, but for anybody else who had been offered the job at the same time as me and left other jobs to start I pitty them. I know of one other girl which this is the case. :mad:

• Advertisement

A cousin of mine got turned down as well, it seems like there is a huge number of applications for these jobs and some of the posts are going to be filled internally anyway.

Just got word off a few people there that even tho they announced all the new jobs that only 4 of them were filled externally - all the rest were passed around to existing staff as they had closed down one section.
    If you ask me it was a bit of a publicity stunt to say they were offering 50 jobs when realistically they were only offering four!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭chrism2007

Just got word off a few people there that even tho they announced all the new jobs that only 4 of them were filled externally - all the rest were passed around to existing staff as they had closed down one section.
    If you ask me it was a bit of a publicity stunt to say they were offering 50 jobs when realistically they were only offering four!!!!!!

how can jobs be passed to existing staff? that would still mean theres more jobs to be filled. or maybe im picking you up wrong

chrism2007 wrote: »
    how can jobs be passed to existing staff? that would still mean theres more jobs to be filled. or maybe im picking you up wrong

Basically from what im aware of and don't hold me to it is that they closed one department, moved them all to the new sales department, they took up all the jobs except 4 apparently leaving 4 jobs available and not 50 like they claimed....i could be wrong but have heard it off numerous staff members up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Basically from what im aware of and don't hold me to it is that they closed one department, moved them all to the new sales department, they took up all the jobs except 4 apparently leaving 4 jobs available and not 50 like they claimed....i could be wrong but have heard it off numerous staff members up there.

Until you have some sort of proof I think it would be best to keep the speculation to a minimum please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭TheFlatulator

what is sounds like is that there was call centre in galway closed by talktalk and they are offer some of the jobs them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭chrism2007

maybe they just renamed a department, hired another 4 for that department and are hiring another 60 spread throughout other departments after Christmas?

chrism2007 wrote: »
    maybe they just renamed a department, hired another 4 for that department and are hiring another 60 spread throughout other departments after Christmas?

You thanked a mod for asking people to not speculate and then go off and speculate yourself :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Just keep guessing until someone gets it right. There must be a scam going on of some type.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Second topic of its kind thats had to be closed/removed due to comments being made.

Dont start another one please. Thanks.

Topic Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement